Don McLean..it's official!

snakes&ladders

Reaction score
Don will play Glastonbury in June....I WON'T be missing that. Among all the slight "garbage" that has been playing Glastonbury lately, some REAL music....finally!!! Thanx Don:):):cheers2:cheers2:cheers2
The Don McLean Story: Don McLean Glastonbury 2011

Don McLean Glastonbury 2011
We have been subject to a news embargo on Don McLean's appearance at Glastonbury but Don has now self confirmed himself in media interviews in two different countries. Glastonbury followers have been buzzing with the news in recent days and the reaction has been overwhelmingly positive.
Don says "I’m going to be playing at the biggest music festival in the world at Glastonbury, so there’s going to be nothing but crazy kids out there. And there’s a reason why I’m there. Go figure."
We don't know at present whether Don will be appearing on the Saturday or Sunday of the festival. However he will be starring on the pyramid (main) stage and an audience of around 130,000 is assured plus potentially millions watching live on BBC television.
Although Don is expecting "nothing but crazy kids out there" Glastonbury these days seems to be populated mainly by university students and affluent young professionals paying nearly £200 a head for their tickets.
Glastonbury is the biggest music festival in the world and this will be Don's biggest ever gig. He is assured of ultimate triumph thanks to American Pie but we hope his whole set captures the imagination of a new generation.
Official site link: Don McLean: Glastonbury 2011
bookin.jpg

By blackglove at 2011-03-01

LXA

Old Noob
Reaction score
Thats funny I was listening and singing along to Vincent and American Pie today on my way home from school. I love Don McLean. And I'm the only one of all my peers who has even heard of him. lol

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score
I stuck up for him on a thread recently. He is the only musician I have ever seen live.

snakes&ladders

Reaction score
OMFG.....Don bashers too:):)......I can't believe how mean and biased some people can get:):)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Staff online

Members online