Does anyone know...?

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
a way to transfer any recording on a vinyl record into an mp3 file (whether that's via CD, Cassette or whatever)

As much as I love listening to the old record player do it's thang, there's plenty of gems in the family vinyl collection that I wouldn't mind being able to listen to on the old iPod, and I'd like to find a way to do that, if possible :)

T_Dude

Reaction score
I believe there are USB turntables that you can buy to do what you want.
If you google "vinyl to MP3", you should find what you're after.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
I bought one of these a few years ago.. Some say it's a waste but for my needs, it works great. It will record in MP3 or Wav. files.. It's just a little box that runs into your USB port from your stereo. I run it into my mixer so basically I can record anything from Cassettes to CD's to albums. Or if you have any other device plugged into your system it will record it...

http://www.xitel.com/usa/prod_inportdl.htm

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^That's what I would do as well Thumper. My biggest complaint about the USB Turntables are the cartridge/stylus. I know I am not the only one who can tell the difference between a good quality one and a cheap one.

I would also add that if you are making WAV files, which is what I would do then a "Noise Removal" software program is nice to have. Some vinyl rips I have in my collection sound amazing, I sure wish I still had my vinyl collection intact.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
^^That's what I would do as well Thumper. My biggest complaint about the USB Turntables are the cartridge/stylus. I know I am not the only one who can tell the difference between a good quality one and a cheap one.

I would also add that if you are making WAV files, which is what I would do then a "Noise Removal" software program is nice to have. Some vinyl rips I have in my collection sound amazing, I sure wish I still had my vinyl collection intact.

The inport comes with software to eliminate noise and you can edit your tracks.
I like it because I can leave out a big gap in between songs.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I have seen some great software apps that do the same thing, they aren't that expensive either.

But honestly Thumper I see some of the USB tables being sold now, and My Stylus is more expensive than the whole rig, which just gets my attention instantly.:think:

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
I have seen some great software apps that do the same thing, they aren't that expensive either.

But honestly Thumper I see some of the USB tables being sold now, and My Stylus is more expensive than the whole rig, which just gets my attention instantly.:think:
I wouldn't buy a USB turntable.. I tried to convince a friend of mine not to buy one and he did and he said it's junk.. He went out and bought a inport..:heheh:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Members online

No members online now.