Documentary- Musicians' Injuries

laguna_greg

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

This is my first post on the forum. Nice to be here!

I have a very good friend who is making a documentary on musician's injuries. These include not only carpal tunnel syndrome and tendinitis, but also injuries to the larger body parts like shoulders, necks and backs that people get while gigging or on the road. She’s also including a large segment on singers, and the vocal problems they can get through poor training. When complete, the film will have an international theatrical and broadcast release.

Is anybody here interested in this information? If you are, I'll post some links. As I'm sure you all know, these injuries can be career-ending. You've probably heard how Keith Emmerson suffered from tendinitis and focal dystonia throughout his whole career. They severely limited his playing, threw him into a deep depression that lasted most of his career, and ultimately led him to commit suicide. I’m sure you know about how Adele recently cancelled her tour and may never sing in public again because of vocal injuries. The same thing happened to Julie Andrews, and she hasn’t sung since her microsurgery failed several years ago.

Most research shows that the vast majority of pros suffer from pain and injury related to their music making. So, preventing these things can save a career and a life. The film will present many such stories, along with information about intervention and recovery.

Anyway if you are interested, let me know and I'll post more.

Thanks!

Laguna

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Members online