Do you know of any good music documentarys?

metalife

Reaction score
I love watching music docos, so if anyone know of any good ones please hit me up, either with a YouTube link or a title if it's not on YouTube.

Before the Music Dies is an interesting watch. It shows how Autotune is used to create pop sensations and how radio is working in this day in age.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Not my field of expertise Metalife, but there are two excellent documentaries on the history of Metal by Sam Dunn out there I enjoyed both of them.

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
I'd REALLY LOVE to see the Harry Nilsson documentary called "Harry Nilsson:Who Was He and Why Is Everybody Talking About Him?"When I asked Mickey Dolenz of the Monkees over on his facebook page about his relationship with Harry,he personally recommended it.

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
IMO the best 2 hours of your life that you can ever spend watching a rock band documentary ....

....except that is for the 4 hours of your life that you can spend watching the Tom Petty 'Runnin Down a Dream' documentary (which isn't on YouTube, I'd imagine 4 hours goes way over the YouTube limit)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Even if you aren't a Pumpkins fan (which if you aren't shame on you :tongue:) this doc is the best piece on creating art for the artist versus giving the fans what you'd expect they'd want! It's brilliant and has great music of course! :grinthumb

If All Goes Wrong
smashingcover.jpg

metalife

Reaction score
Thanks. Will check it out. Not much of a Pumpkins fan though. :rolleyes:

LOL

Thought I'd share this one - Searching For Sugarman. Can only find a preview on YouTube though. Hopefully it's enough to interest people. Yes - music can change the world. Amazing story within this documentary.

Edit - looks like the link includes a option for paid view. Trust me, It's worth it.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online