ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
BUG
url

Band: Dinosaur Jr.
Release:1988
Genre:Alternative/ Indie Pop/ Indie Rock

This is a relatively cleaner-produced and more accessible album than You're Living All Over Me.
Bug expanded on the strengths of its predecessor and firmly established Dinosaur Jr. as a major band in the American underground. Although the majority of the album is firmly situated in the sprawling, noisy metallic fusion of hard rock and avant noise it also shows J Mascis' talent for winding folk-rock, particularly on "The Post" and "Pond Song." Like the album before, the songs on Bug are quite uneven, but it is a major step forward for Mascis, particularly on the masterpiece of the record, "Freak Scene." I love this album along with, You're Living All Over Me, Beyond, and Farm.

10/10.

playeru

Reaction score
Re: Bug - Dinosaur Jr.

I don't know this album, I only know the 2 latest albums: Beyond and Farm. I like the band, although at times I feel their sound is not varied enough.

Nice review too, I also write music reviews in my blog. English is not my first language, so it's a real challenge for me. But I enjoy it.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Re: Bug - Dinosaur Jr.

Great album, I love Freak Scene however some people class that as commercial but I have always enjoyed it, I have seen them a few times and the feedback is still good.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online