Register to remove these ads

Dinosaur Jr. - Bug (1988)

Discussion in 'Album Reviews' started by ComfortablyNumb, Feb 23, 2010.

1. ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb Unquestionable Presence

BUG
    [​IMG]

Band: Dinosaur Jr.
    Release:1988
    Genre:Alternative/ Indie Pop/ Indie Rock

This is a relatively cleaner-produced and more accessible album than You're Living All Over Me.
    Bug expanded on the strengths of its predecessor and firmly established Dinosaur Jr. as a major band in the American underground. Although the majority of the album is firmly situated in the sprawling, noisy metallic fusion of hard rock and avant noise it also shows J Mascis' talent for winding folk-rock, particularly on "The Post" and "Pond Song." Like the album before, the songs on Bug are quite uneven, but it is a major step forward for Mascis, particularly on the masterpiece of the record, "Freak Scene." I love this album along with, You're Living All Over Me, Beyond, and Farm.

10/10.

2. playeru

playeru Junior Member

Re: Bug - Dinosaur Jr.

I don't know this album, I only know the 2 latest albums: Beyond and Farm. I like the band, although at times I feel their sound is not varied enough.

Nice review too, I also write music reviews in my blog. English is not my first language, so it's a real challenge for me. But I enjoy it.

3. Sweaty

Sweaty ThE OtHeR rAmOnE

Great album, I love Freak Scene however some people class that as commercial but I have always enjoyed it, I have seen them a few times and the feedback is still good.

4. rollingstoned

rollingstoned Queens of the Stone Age

Great review