Demos from our Heart tribute band

runtfan

Reaction score
Here's a couple of demos we recorded recently for promo purposes.

Attachments

• Magic Man Final.mp3
    7.6 MB · Views: 7
  • Crazy On You Final.mp3
    5.6 MB · Views: 6

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Sounds good man!! She sounds a little ahead or behind the beat at times...recording program perhaps? But outside of that she has her own spin on it, and the louder register she breaks out of the Ann style and that makes it unique.

The band sounds pretty damn close to Heart. :grinthumb

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Attachments are approved so everyone can hear them :)

Nice work, runtfan!

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Yeah the drums and percussion were like right on the money!! Tones, fills...that would be a compliment to the entire rythym section as you're the bass player there runtfan! :grinthumb

Guitar player nails it too. It's a good band!

runtfan

Reaction score
Sounds good man!! She sounds a little ahead or behind the beat at times...recording program perhaps? But outside of that she has her own spin on it, and the louder register she breaks out of the Ann style and that makes it unique.

The band sounds pretty damn close to Heart. :grinthumb

As for the vocals, I know she agonized over them and wasn't entirely satisfied but considering that this was only for demo purposes and not meant to be a lasting legacy or anything ( after all, it's not even our music) so we fixed some things and left others as is. Another thing - we did four songs over a period of about two weeks and only the basic tracks ( bass,drums, electric guitars) were recorded at the same time and same place. The drums were pretty much one take...the bass was mostly one take ( with one cut and paste exception...Pro Tools is awesome :) )... Some of the electric guitar parts were done later or done over. The vocals were all done at separate times, as were any acoustic guitar and keyboard parts...all done on one of our guitarists laptops. The optimum is to record everything as live as possible but we have six people in the band and scheduling anything is pretty tough so we did it piecemeal, whenever John and his laptop were available.

Balance

Reaction score
You guys are awesome runtfan! Thanks for sharing! Keep up the good work. :grinthumb

runtfan

Reaction score
The other two tunes we recorded...

( not sure if this Barracuda is the final mix or not)

Attachments

• 04 Barracuda.mp3
    5.9 MB · Views: 2
  • Dreamboat Annie Final.mp3
    2.7 MB · Views: 2

Balance

Reaction score
The other two tunes we recorded...

( not sure if this Barracuda is the final mix or not)

runtfan...did your band also record HOW CAN I REFUSE in your tribute catalog?

If so, please share, would love to hear it. One of my favs.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Approved your last two songs RF,,,and I echo MP's sentiments very nicely done.:clap:

runtfan

Reaction score
runtfan...did your band also record HOW CAN I REFUSE in your tribute catalog?

If so, please share, would love to hear it. One of my favs.

No, we didn't record that one but we usually perform it. It's a big favorite of mine too. I'm generally not all that fond of the 80's Heart stuff ( relative to the 70's stuff) but there's exceptions and How Can I Refuse is certainly one of them.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online