Deep Purple Thinking About New Album

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Taken from planetrock.co.uk

835838.jpg

Ian Gillan says that it's "about time"

At a press conference in Mexico the band were speaking about their current tour and what the future holds.

When asked if there are any plans for Deep Purple to record a new studio album soon, the band's vocalist, Ian Gillan, replied, "I guess it's about time, isn't it?! So we're gonna get together and have a writing session quite soon. And if we get excited, then we'll probably have another [album finished and ready for release] shortly after that. We'll see how it goes. But there's no plans. But I think we're getting poked by various connections who would like to see another Deep Purple record. So I think it's about time."

A new album would be the follow up to 2005's Rapture Of The Deep.

You can watch a news piece on the press conference below - Ian Gillan speaks about 2 minutes in.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
^^ what you said. BRING THE NEW ALBUM

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
:good

Another DP album would be cool.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I'm kind of iffy on the last two or three Deep Purple albums but I'll still be looking forward to a new one. Yet I'm still bummed that Jon Lord won't be involved on this album either because he is/was, at least to me, the backbone of Deep Purple's music.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
This should be pretty cool, i'll keep an open mind about it, like I have with every new release from any band.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jik32

Members online