Deadstring Brothers-A New Band For Classic Rock Fans

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Deadstring Brothers
deads_press.jpg

This group formed in 2003 but they seem like they are going to reach their peak in 2010 and beyond. I found them because Amazon was giving away a free mp3 of them and they seem to be much anticipated. Their new album

Sao Paulo
sao_paulo.jpg

was released this year! This group seems to be very influenced by The Rolling Stones! They also have their own vibe too with their female singer and country twangy vibe but it's obvious who they are influenced by! Here are some tracks!

The River Song

Sao Paulo

Can't make It Through The Night

Here's some of their previous material:

Meet Me Down At Heavy Load

Sacred Heart

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
Re: Deadstring Brothers (check this out Foxhound!)

They certainly have the blended guitar sound that the Stones (Keith?) have favoured since 1970 or so! They're certainly worth checking out.

:grinthumb

Reaction score
I really liked the older songs you posted... not a fan of the new ones though, it didn't seem to fit at all, and the vocals really ruined the new stuff for me, it sounded almost like he was trying to sing like Jerry Garcia and Mick Jagger, at the same time, and it didn't really work out:nw:
I definitely like the older and will keep them in mind for the future, they seem like they could figure out a good formula for their tunes, they have potential for me to like them:tongue:

RockinEd

Reaction score
i REALLY like them, I missed the op to see them when they came to my home town, hope to catch them next time.

Is the Heavy Load song about the Heavy Load club night in London?

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shannan518

Members online

No members online now.