Dead Sara (Official Thread)

Metal Head Mike

Reaction score
Re: Dead Sara (Official)

Seen this band in L.A. Last year. Recommended them to a friend who does A&R for a label. He shot me down. His lose. Think they have a great sound

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Re: Dead Sara (Official)

Seen this band in L.A. Last year. Recommended them to a friend who does A&R for a label. He shot me down. His lose. Think they have a great sound

Mike, I heard in interviews these guys actually turned down a lot of record labels themselves. I'm glad they found a label that gets it and let them portay the sound they wanted!

Another great live recording of these guys! I love the stripped down recording here and the raw crooning she does here has a very old school country feel! I'm in love with this chick!

deadsara.jpg
Face To Face (WGRD Studio Performance)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Awesome Nirvana cover that they make their own! It sounds like Chrissy Hynde covering Nirvana!

dead-sara-new-wallpaper-626x417.jpg

Sliver (Nirvana Cover)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Starting to think there's nothing these guys and gals can't do! This chick can even match the intensity of a Rage Against The Machine track!!!!

dead-sara-9-580x386.jpg
Killing In The Name Of

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
It took me a little bit to get to the party but I definitely love the intensity I am hearing in this band. Emily Armstrong has the kind of pain in her voice that I hear a lot in grunge music and the "Killing In The Name" cover makes perfect sense because she has the same kind of impact in her vocal delivery as Zack de la Rocha does. I love it. :grinthumb

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I'm glad this band is starting to get a buzz and get heard now! They are my pet band this year for sure! Cosmic, you are right, that there is a solid part of this band that would appeal to Grunge fans and that's why I specifically honed in on Lavender to try this one. Speaking of Lavender I owe a thank you I never gave for offering that performance. Taboo was right! It was a great performance and I think the tightest performance of Weatherman I've seen. They definitely upped there game and refined their performance for television. Emily's presence was awesome! I can't nail Emily! She reminds me of everyone from Melissa Etheridge (as Taboo remarked) to Chrissie Hynde to Janis Joplin to Courtney Love. She's just intense whether it be her screams and wails or the way she molves or performs or the emotion and ache she puts behind the ballads. There's nothing subtle about her. She gives 110% in every note and move she makes! :cheers2

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online