Dead Sara (Official Thread)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Dead-Sara1.jpg

Wow! These chicks no how to both rock and make catchy music! Sometimes it's just that simple! I'm listening to the S/T album:

41yUZjyqL9L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The lead single really grabbed me and didn't let go at any point throughout! Intense vocals, great groove and guitar melody and the energy is full on!

Weatherman

This song makes you think Courtney who?

Official Discography
(The Airport Sessions EP & S/T Debut)
2549222.jpg
Dead-Sara-Dead-Sara.jpg

And they also have a great ballad side which is a great balance to any hard rock album! Something about this side of their music makes me think of Chrissie Hyndes for some reason! "Sorry For It All" is beautiful and epic! :grinthumb

Official Dead Sara Site

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score
Re: Dead Sara

That was cool! :clap: Yeah, they Rock hard......I liked the 1st two tunes the best!

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Thanks for checking it out Garett! :) Those first two were definitely intense! They seem very young so I guess angst is easy at that age put when they perform they seem beyond their years! :)

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score

:omg: Fantastic! Will be checking out more of their music. Fantastic rock and also the beautiful Sorry For It All is so different ..................... how versatile are they??? :grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Really cool stuff!! The Weatherman was heavy and psychedelic!!! Her voice is very unique, in fact hard to pinpoint. That's a good thing!! Sorry For it all is very cool too!! As of now these are the only two I've listened to but will get to the others. :grinthumb

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Well these guys are definitely getting a lot of well deserved praise in the music world! Here's some props by Grace Slick from a Wall Street Journal:

WK-AX689_ARENA_G_20110428164309.jpg
"Which female rock singers today do you admire?

Emily Armstrong of Dead Sara. She has a strong, urgent sound."

Here's the article where it came from:

Grace Slick Wall Street Journal Interview

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

These guys are my favorite new act for 2012! I'm loving Timed Blues on top of all the other tracks I posted! Great grooving sweat drenched Blues Rock! :cheers2

deadsara.jpg

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
Re: Dead Sara (Official)

I like the Timed Blues tune a lot Soot!! Deserves more attention I think. Something for us old rockers/dinosaurs as well. :)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Re: Dead Sara (Official)

I like the Timed Blues tune a lot Soot!! Deserves more attention I think. Something for us old rockers/dinosaurs as well. :)

Awesome EF! I've been exploring them in interviews and granted people can say anything but their ethic seems very old school! They turned down many record labels in order to keep the sound and direction they wanted to take! They have eclectic influences ranging from old punk to classic rock and just seem to be genuine music fans! :grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentonBeo

Members online