Dead Can Dance

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
As with the Yanni thread being in the Video section, I thought it appropriate to assign Dead Can Dance to the "Folk/Celtic" forum, though technically they are neither.

DCD is a very interesting band that began in the 80's and went their separate ways in the late 90's. I don't remember ever hearing them on the radio, but they play what I can only describe as a mix of Middle Eastern music with a touch of Gregorian Chant.

I only have the first two CDs, but they are so very good to listen to when you need a break from Motley Crue. :heheh:

This DCD vid is from their second album Spleen And Ideal, and is titled "Avatar".

Last edited:

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
These two DCD videos are from their live album "Towards The Within".

FYI- there is a brief interview at the end of the first vid and at the beginning of the second you may want to skip over.

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
OB recommended this band to me months ago, but although I have a few of their CD's, I haven't played them enough to get a feel for these guys.

I'll play their first album later today.

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
The first album is nothing if not consistent. The second album is more of a rollycoaster with the songs having either a slow, medium or fast tempo.

But both are very good. Even if it takes you a few years to acclimate yourself to it. :D

Oblivion

Reaction score
:D The more you listen to them, the better they become... That's what a great album does sometimes... :D

Great thread.
-_- why didn't I start it ?

Harkat

Reaction score
Hmmm, Only a band that Salmacis has raved about to me plenty of times :heheh:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online