David Crosby RIP

E-Z

Reaction score
... not wishing to speak ill of the dead, seems David could be very angry.
According to Graham Nash he ripped the heart out of CSY, CSNY..
This written to Crosby from Nash.

Graham Nash - Encore.
I watched a hour long CS&N dvd released by Warner brothers about 15 years ago and amongst some of the archive film footage is a scene where Stephen Stills is laying into David verbally while David just lays there taking it!. I think Graham Nash is just sitting there watching it.

Also included in the same dvd is a nice bit of film footage shot in a television studio of Stephen Stills still with muddy jeans after hot footing it from the Woodstock festival and sitting with the Jefferson Airplane and chatting about the festival before singing and playing an acoustic guitar.

Last edited:

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
By all accounts he could be a difficult person to be friends with. He admitted many times he let Stills, Nash ,and Young down on many occasions. He remained in contact with Stills but Nash and Young hadn't really spoken to him for quite some time. There are a couple of interviews with him where he goes into all of this. He hoped they would all reconcile but it never really happened and then he died.
There's a short interview with him just a few days before he died on you tube where he talks about it.

E-Z

Reaction score
i am a CS&N and CSN&Y fan of sorts mainly because of the first CS&N album from 1969 also I really like Stephen Stills electric guitar playing in particular his Stephen Stills solo album released in 1970 and his second solo album Stephen Stills II released in 1971 anyway I wasn't aware until David's recent death that the rift between David and the others went so deep especially between Graham Nash and David?.

David appeared in a short segment of a BBC radio 4 Saturday evening programme about 2-3 years ago talking a bit about his life this was when he was over here in London when his 1971 album If Only I Could Remember My Name was re-released and expanded with a bonus disc around 2019/20

I bought a David Crosby American radio broadcast cd from about 1978/79 about a month before David died and in a short 11 minutes interview sequence at the end of the cd he admits that he didn't like Jim Morrison or the band The Doors or any of there music or even any of the other band members which I thought was surprising that he had said that publically?.

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online