Dark Dark Dark (Official Thread)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Dark Dark Dark
dark-725x380.jpeg

Dark, Dark, Dark Official Website

This group is as opposite of the above title Bright, Bright, Bright (their new digital EP) as you can get. The singer, Nona Marie Invie, does have an uplifting quality throughout the dark nature of her songs though. I think Cat Power when I hear Nona's vocals but Cat Power didn't have everything from an epic blend of accordions to banjos to heel just about anything in her music.

Discography:

2008 Love You, Bye EP
2008 The Snow Magic
2009 Remixes EP
2010 Bright, Bright, Bright EP
2010 Wild Go

Here's the song I heard originally from Bright, Bright, Bright that pulled me in:

Wild Goose Chase

Since the new c.d. is just an EP here are some songs from the album:

The Snow Magic
darkdarkdark_snowmagic.jpg

Trouble No More
(a more lively epic feel)

Junk Bones

Benefit of The Doubt
(shows other vocal contributions)

Last edited by a moderator:

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
Re: Dark Dark Dark

Now this I like! even though in a way I was waiting for her to 'unleash' her voice in "Wild Goose Chase" I've no complaints that she didn't because of how awesome the song as a whole is. Good find, I'm going to continue listening! :D

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Have you checked out Cat Power Sal? If you haven't I should PM you some links because it's very similar to that first song!

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Very cool material! I like the use of acoustic instruments. The accordian is sweet! Her voice sounds a bit like Kerli. :heheh:

Anyway I'm gonna be hittin' through the 10 forums and catching up. I liked TROUBLE NO MORE the best! :grinthumb

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Thanks MP! This section really needs some love! :heheh: It's not like these bands fall in my lap. I search for them. There are a lot of hits and misses but it's worth the search to find anything that shines. Trouble No More is great and is my second favorite from them. I can kind of hear Kerli in the vocals but I still stick behind my Cat Power comparison overall! :grinthumb

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Thank you Mistral! I just bought the Elisi album "Steppin' On Water" because of you. It's great seeing someone on here that has taste closer to mine then others! :grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online