CRF Record Club

rockyraccoon

Reaction score
I saw a thread a few days back asking if people would be interested in joining a group that would suggest some albums, listen to the albums, and the group would vote for the best and the loop would start again. I made some changes to the last threads rules,this is a brief outline of how i picture it working:

1. 4 albums would be suggested (the first 4 people to post would pick the first 4 albums).
2. About 1 to 2 weeks time would be allotted for the everyone to listen to the albums.
3. The members would then vote for their favorite album (polling would close after like 3 days)
4. When the member votes, it is encouraged that they provide some feedback on the albums.
5. Rinse and Repeat

I thought this was a great idea, but i joined these forums too late to try to keep it alive. If you like the idea, please post on this thread, spread the word, and lets try to make this thread popular because it seems like a really fun idea.

Original Thread: http://www.classicrockforums.com/forum/f4/anyone-else-interested-starting-crf-record-club-20980/

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
The main problem with long running themed threads like Martin's record club is getting people to stay the course. Most of the time we all get busy or distracted and simply forget to follow up on it. It's not intentional it just happens...I even lost track after the first round.

Not trying to dampen anyone's enthusiasm Rocky, just explaining why it faded away.

rockyraccoon

Reaction score
Yeah i know, but it doesn't take too many people to keep it going, if only 4 albums are being posted then it shouldn't be too hard to get enough people to vote. I may lose track too (all AP classes in school really is time consuming) but i think that it's a really cool idea and i think it deserves another chance.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
If I participate I'll try to do better this time round Mr. Rocky Raccoon.;)

Jake T

Running With The Pack
Reaction score
Just my two cents:
I think the voting and album selection is OK, but wouldn't it be better if the week was spent on open discussion about the album, video posts, band info, etc. The going away and returning after a week or two seems like it could be the problem. Also, I think the original thread got hung up on old versus new and that always leads to heated debate.

rockyraccoon

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion, however i never said that we would simply go away for 2 weeks, 2 weeks would be allotted to listen to the albums. During that time, people could post suggested songs, maybe since i created this thread i could (as you suggested) post band/album info, etc. Again thanks for the suggestions. Would you, by chance, be interested in joining?

Jake T

Running With The Pack
Reaction score
^^^ Maybe, let's see how it goes. I didn't join the original club because I thought it was too much work coming up with a review on the whole album week after week. I think just announcing the winning album and a follow up with discussions and videos would be a lot less taxing on the members.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online