Covers, uncovers, remakes, etc.

Reaction score
Loved this cut from Alice Cooper's classic album Love It To Death

Tonight I happened upon the original 1963 version by Rolf Harris. An Australian singer who, that same year, had his biggest hit "Tie Me Kangeroo Down, Sport''

Rolf Harris had a long career on multiple BBC TV shows. However he was convicted in 2014 of 12 counts of indecent assaults on multiple under-aged girls dating back to the 1970s and 1980s. He had been accused of similar acts for many years prior but until then escaped prosecution. Rolf served half of his 6 year sentence and was released last year

Reaction score
Another song that I never realized was a cover-Harlem Shuffle

The Rolling Stones's 1986 album Dirty Work was led off with this song and was also released as their first single for the album

Here's the original, from 1963. The duo named Bob & Earl only gained modest success with the record, peaking at #46 on the Billboard charts. Barry White arranged the song.It was re-released in the UK in 1969 and made it to #7. Keith Richards became a fan of the song and pushed for the Stones to cover it. Check out particularly how the original song opens

Sound familiar? The group House Of Pain sampled that beginning for their single Jump Around in 1992

Arkie

Reaction score
Two more and i'll leave your thread alone.... until next time.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online