Coverdale*Page - Coverdale*Page (1993)

TomSawyer

Reaction score
A very good album that I've tried unsuccessfully to get hold of on vinyl but not sure if it was ever release on the black-shiney stuff....?

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
I have this album on both vinyl and cd. Vinyl is a bit sad condition, but I have never found a replacement for it. I think they're quite expensive if you can get it.

Sam Quentin

Reaction score
This album stands the test of time...great album

I always thought the plant Coverdale comparisons were way overblown....Coverdale has some deep soulful stuff and some gruff stuff that plant does not, while plant has that nasally, frantic, immediate epic stuff that Coverdale does not, even when doing the higher notes.

If Whitesnake has never recorded the Zeppelinesque Still of the night, I don't think people would have made the connection....you listen to other WS hits like love ain't no stranger, here I go again, or their pre USA breakout albums and you realize that these are two different singers

scarabus

Reaction score
Never understood why people praise this album.
I'm a DP fan, so I listened to it for DC. But he's trying too hard to sound like RP.
As a guitarist I'm just not a fan of Page
To me those songs don't do anyting. I know I'm in the minority, but hey it's just my humble opinion

Marbles

Reaction score
Memo to self: play this damned album (I often look at it in my record collection but haven't played it for about 20 years).

I can't even remember any of the material!

E-Z

Reaction score
Memo to self: play this damned album (I often look at it in my record collection but haven't played it for about 20 years).

I can't even remember any of the material!
I have also had this cd for many years and can even remember it being released back in 1993 and the PR campaign that accompanied it with posters adorning several brick walls around north London advertising the forthcoming new Coverdale/Page album back then although I rarely play if ever and the only song title I always remember from the album is Shake My Tree which seems like a typical Coverdale sort of song title although I suppose it's a different take on Squeeze My Lemon for a change.

From memory when Page and Coverdale got together to start work on the album the working title was I believe called 'Legends' and I can bet out of both of them who came up with that working title.

E-Z

Schmetterling

Reaction score
This is one that passed me by at the time so I'm going to put it on my list and give it a listen. Like a few others here I can take Coverdale or leave him, and that generally goes for Page too who I sometimes think is a bit of a fake after I saw him really f*ck up the solo in Stairway to Heaven once.

But I'm gonna give it a try nonetheless...

Trickster

Reaction score
Personally I think this is one of the most enjoyable kick ass records I've ever heard. It's one of those recordings that takes a few listens to take hold, but when it does it never gets old and you like every single song and find yourself turning it louder and louder, crank it up and WOW. Absolutely awesome cd. Page's guitar is just amped up like metal on this one, of course it has got a lot of great acoustic stuff too.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online