Cover Or Original.

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
I always thought this was a weird one when it came out. Jimmy Webb wrote this originally for 'The Association' who didnt want to record it. So somehow Richard Harris , of Camelot fame, did it.
His was the original radio hit. Many others have done it but an obscure prog band from Scotland called 'Beggars Opers' did a version on their 1972 lp Pathfinder. Being a prog fan I like that one better though I'm guessing that most would prefer Harris' melodramatic one....though they both are over the top imho.
Richard Harris-MacArthur Park
Beggars Opera

Delilah

Rock N Roll Princess 8-]]
Reaction score
The song "Stay" originally done by Shakespeare's Sisters is the best version of the song to me..Cradle Of Filth did a cover of this song and I liked it too, but you just can't beat the original version of this song..

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
The song "Stay" originally done by Shakespeare's Sisters is the best version of the song to me..Cradle Of Filth did a cover of this song and I liked it too, but you just can't beat the original version of this song..
I would agree that Maurice Williams and The Zodiacs is the best being the original....I listened to Shakespeares Sister version and it was unrecognizable to me.
Hmmm....that was not a cover of the old 60's song ..just the same name. My mistake on that one.
Many have done it but not them.
:confused:

Last edited:

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
Hormonally Yours is a favorite of mine. One of the best from the 90’s for sure.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TimManess3

Staff online

Members online