Congratulations to One Direction!

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
I don't have any interest in manufactured product from the Disney or Cowell factory floor and never have in all the yeas I've enjoyed music.

I understand the marketing genius behind it all, and it is all about money not the art that is why they all fade into obscurity as the newer model with racing stripes and fresh paint rolls off the assembly line. Young girls drive the market and if they enjoy it all the power to them

I think that's the best attitude to have LG :grinthumb Though I don’t understand how it is when young pop/teen bands come along, as has happened as regular as clockwork since the 60’s, that some ‘rock’ fans always seem to take it so personally, and they get all defensive and intolerant, as if the teen-group’s mere existence is a personal insult and an affront to their musical integrity... and so all children under the age of say 14 should be listening to Metallica and Emerson, Lake and Palmer and Molly Hatchett, right? If my kids weren’t into One Direction, and hip-hop, and Katie Perry, and Justin Bieber, and stuff like that, then to be honest I’d be thinking there was something seriously wrong with their child development, and I'd be considering putting them into therapy! At 10-12 years old I think my favourites were probably Alvin Stardust, Gary Glitter, and Abba. For millions of kids, groups like One Direction are all a part of growing up, normally, and it’s common sense and quite right that groups like that should exist. Good luck to One Direction, they fill an important place in the market that has always and will always be there.

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
Remember when...

^We all know people that were into that sort of ilk... I have a cousin who when she was growing up was into New Kids On The Block. As a rock and roller, I never understood why but shrugged it off as a fad and just a phase for her. Now she's grown up listening to actual music from rock artists. It happens I suppose...

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I think it has something to do with the Mattel corporation...the company that makes Barbie dolls and these.

barbie-shaving-ken-doll.jpg

I think it preconditions young girls to "swoon" when they see anyone like Bieber or one of the myriad other teen idols that preceded him.:oyea: