Congratulations to One Direction!

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
One Direction win New Musical Express magazine's Worst Band Award fir the second year running!

2000 Worst Record Of The Year: Vengaboys, for We're Going to Ibiza
2001 Villain of the Year: Robbie Williams
2002 Villain of the Year: Osama bin Laden
2003 Worst Album: Robbie Williams, for Escapology
2004 Worst Album: Shaggy 2 Dope of Insane Clown Posse for **** Off!
2005 Worst Band: Insane Clown Posse
2006 Worst Band - Son of Dork
2007 Worst Band - Panic! At The Disco
2008 Worst Band - The Hoosiers
2009 Worst Band - Jonas Brothers
2010 Worst Band - Jonas Brothers
2011 Worst Band - Jonas Brothers
2012 Worst Band – One Direction
2013 Worst Band – One Direction

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
And lol at Jonas Brothers with their hat-trick. One Direction will probably take that as well.

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
NME readers I see also gave awards to such notable musical non-entities and obscurities as The Cribs, The Maccabees, The Foals, The Palma Violets, and presumably 20 other bands who began life with the inspired ground-breaking lazy-ass idea of attaching the word 'The' to their name, followed by the first noun that came into their head (thus says a poster called 'The Sound') :uh:

NME was great back in the day, but for the past 20 years it's basically an indy magazine aimed at the great unwashed on the college campuses, so imagine my shock that they are going to diss the biggest teen boy band on the planet whose fan democratic they wouldn't even begin to understand.

I have to listen to One Direction all the time as our daughter loves them, and I've heard a hell of a lot worse....in fact I've even heard a hell of a lot worse here on Classic Rock Forums!!!! :D

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
As bad as they are, I'm sure One Direction are not the worst band.

In the early to mid-seventies, I liked (in order) Melody Maker, Sounds and NME. They became increasingly difficult to read in the late seventies, with punk rock and crap writers, so I gave up on them. I hate to think what they were like in the eighties. I did not return to the music press until Classic Rock magazine in 1999, which exhumed the early seventies journalists. Fireworks is good too. Mojo and Record Collector also have their moments.

TheSound

Reaction score
I loved 'Sounds' which always had a more 'rock' orientated perspective than the others, especially a writer called Geoff Barton whose album reviews first introduced me to stuff by the likes of Rush, Meatloaf, Lone Star, UFO, Rainbow and others.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Who is "One Direction"? Never heard of 'em.

:dunno:

TheSound

Reaction score
My daughter is actually going to see One Direction this summer at the Nikon at Jones Beach Theater arena on Long Island, NY....though it's my wife who is taking her, I mean I love my daughter more than words can express, but it would take her serving me breakfast in bed 365 days a year between now and the time I reach 95 years of age before I'd ever agree to accompany her to an actual scream-fest One Direction concert. Our sons both love 'rap' with a passion...so I guess that would cover lunch in bed and dinner in bed!!!

Reaction score
2004 Worst Album: Shaggy 2 Dope of Insane Clown Posse for **** Off! To my knowledge **** Off! came out in '94 and was rereleased in '03. So how could it be the worst albums of '04? It was originally a 2 song EP that was expanded to 4 songs.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online