Administrator
Reaction score
Soundgarden, Aerosmith, and Van Halen.

another great comeback is No Doubt. :grinthumb

Stone Roses are touring again, too :D

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
It was good to see Soundgarden back and it was as if they had never been away. Keith Emerson made a comeback of sorts, with The Three Fates project, so I would like to see him hook up again with Greg. Focus came back with the X album, but without Jan Akkerman. Perhaps they could coax him back for 2013.

Stone Gossard returned with Brad, but I have not heard the United We Stand album yet. The Cult's Choice of Weapon was a diappointment to me, as was ZZ Top's La Futura. I haven't made my mind up about Rush's Clockwork Angels, suffice to say that I enjoyed the Deluxe Edition of 2112 much more.

The biggest disappointment of 2012 must be the apparent demise of Black Country Communion, one of the best hard rock bands in years. For 2013, I am hoping that Tony Iommi's health improves, following his treatment, and that Wilco Johnson has a positive year despite his illness.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Black Country Communion is breaking up Martin??

That is too bad, but also not surprising most 'supergroups' have a very limited lifespan.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
I don't think it has been offiically announced, but Glenn Hughes wrote everything on the last album on his own, while Bonamassa was tied up with his solo commitments. It looks as if they won't be touring to promote the last album and they would not consider playing with an alternative guitarist. It doesn't make much sense to me as Bonamassa's solo stuff seems average and Glenn Hughes could probably phone any guitarist in the world and ask them to join. Pat Thrall would be an excellent choice!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^That's the problem when you have these collaborations, juggling personal agendas within a band framework don't always work out long term.

Oh well at least they gave us some good music before it came to an end.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
I never really understood Glenn Hughes's career choices, as he: left Trapeze to join Purple as a bass player; only made one album with Pat Thrall; and did not remain long enough with Tony Iommi. Such is life.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Maybe he's a "Diva" Martin...:heheh:

Capricious is the word that comes to mind with many talented musicians, you never know what's going to set them off and leave one band for another. I often bug MP that it's the Lead Singers that seem to be the biggest problem in nearly every band.:peek

Of course MP is the exception to the rule.;)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online