Comeback of the year?

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What band do you feel made the biggest comeback of the year?

I have the say The Beach Boys came out of nowhere with a big tour and their very first #1 album!! Way to go!!

the-beach-boys-reveal-2012-reunion-tour-dates.jpg

terry ells

Reaction score
What band do you feel made the biggest comeback of the year?

I have the say The Beach Boys came out of nowhere with a big tour and their very first #1 album!! Way to go!!

the-beach-boys-reveal-2012-reunion-tour-dates.jpg
holy shit , look at those guys , looking ooooold . :omg: thay were my fav band back in the earlys 70's

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Some elite company, the Beach Boys, Aerosmith and Van Halen all made comebacks this year.

For an old band riddled with public and behind the scenes drama including Eddie's always fragile health I'd give VH the nod. I like their album more than KISS, or Aerosmith's new one.(Finally caught up and listened to all of them, I simply will play VH's new one more than the other two, all 3 are good. If Aerosmith had given us another Toys or Rocks I would have had to think a lot harder on this one.)

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
I'm tempted to say Crazy Horse, for re-emerging after 15 years of no genuine studio releases... but was there ever any doubt that Crazy Horse would be as good as ever upon return? They've always done that, we know what to expect by now.

So for me the comeback of the year was Ke$ha. I really felt that she had missed her chance and twiddled her thumbs too long in the wait for new material, and that Katy Perry had basically overtaken any niche Ke$ha had once served. But to my chagrin she wound up putting out an album that was fresh and vital, showing that her brand of "party nihilism" still had something interesting left to give. And even more surprisingly, the album's been a commercial success, I guess there's still room for her in the market.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Soundgarden for me with King Animal after 15 year gap since the last album. Really great return for the band. Aside from Aerosmith and Soundgarden nothing else has really impressed me that much for comebacks.

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan, but seems to me Fiona Apple was doing pretty well. Selling out venues while touring with her first cd in what, 7-8 years?

Last month, though, she cut her tour short because her dog died. There's probably people who scoffed at that, (I'd bet 'music people', but probably not her fans), but hey, I understand it. Dogs are family, too.

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
^ I wanted to see her when she came by here but I had to go to work that night. I heard she's not doing Criminal, that's kind of a drag. But as a Neil Young fan I can't begrudge her a classic or two.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
One of my all time faves came back in fine form this year. With their first new album since reforming last year and hitting the road with a large number of live shows and their first true tour since 2006, The Darkness have done quite well for themselves this year.

TheDarkness_COLadmatweb.jpg

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I will be catching them on their current North American tour next month in Columbus. The 15 year old version of me would *** their pants if they knew. :heheh:

Imp

Banned
Reaction score
I would say that 2012's comeback of the year would go to The Rolling Stones because of their much overhyped 50th anniversary tour.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online