Classic Rock Radio Overplayed songs.

Most overplayed song on Classic Rock Radio?

• Stairway To Heaven ~ Led Zeppelin

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Free Bird ~ Lynyrd Skynyrd

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Money ~ Pink Floyd

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Don't Stop Believin' ~ Journey

• Born To Run ~ Bruce Springsteen & The E. Street Band

• Other (Name it)

Votes: 16 41.0%

• Total voters

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
but I've got to tell you I am sick to death of 'Bohemian Rhapsody' - definitely has me reaching for the off button.

That was the other big song I was trying to think of. Used to play it all the time on the 1st Radio station I listened to when I moved to the big city.

The weird thing about that song though, was I never heard or knew of it until "Wayne's World", and it seemed like a great song to begin with (I got it with Queens Greatest Hits on Tape), but the radio station was just playing it all the time which simply shouldn't be how the song should be played because the novelty of it wears off.

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
I love Pink Floyd and I love The Wall, but every time I hear "Run Like Hell" or "Young Lust" or "Hey You" I turn it off in a hurry. Played way too much and I like hearing those songs in context to the album, not singled out.

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
^^I could understand them playing "Another Brick in the Wall pt 2", I have the 45 of that with "One of My Turns" on the flip side and have heard "Comfortably Numb" once or twice on the radio, though those are unusual choices to play on the radio given as you say those are album tracks.

tkitna

Reaction score
I voted 'Money' from Floyd. If its not that one it'll damn sure be 'Wish You Were Here'. Its a channel changer for sure.

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
^^I could understand them playing "Another Brick in the Wall pt 2", I have the 45 of that with "One of My Turns" on the flip side

they also play ABWpt.2 alot, but if I had that 45 I'd play it because it's vinyl and vinyl rules:grinthumb

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
they also play ABWpt.2 alot, but if I had that 45 I'd play it because it's vinyl and vinyl rules:grinthumb

I only got it because I heard it on the radio and noticed it had a different start compared to the album which sort of cuts into the Lyrics of the song. But I noticed after playing the recorded Vinyl copy on Tape, it sounds a tad faster, I hope this isn't because the Vinyl Player is going at 45.3rpm or something, I didn't think my other 45s on the same tape had the same problem, so maybe there's a slight difference.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElviraPeth

Members online