Christina Perri (Official)

Fever

Reaction score
Re: Christina Perri

Her brother Nick was in the band Silvertide and he has a new band called SINAI.He also had a brief stint in Shinedown

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score

Her brother Nick was in the band Silvertide and he has a new band called SINAI.He also had a brief stint in Shinedown

Wow , Interesting :grinthumb Didn't know this ! Bit like The Osmonds or The Jackson's with multi talented sibs :heheh:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

WOW! ok well I got through all the clips here and first off I have to say sorry Astrid but I disagree...only as far as her singing being unique. Although I do like her voice and the music alot.

Soot this has to be one of the better female artsist you've posted and you always post some good ones for sure. I'd pick this up on the basis of Jar Of Hearts alone. Really good tune man. I also enjoyed Distance and Mine from Harmony's post.

As far as where I disagree on the vocals?? I'm sure many have read that I scratch my head in wonderment with all the modern female vocalists and I've referred to it as the Melanie syndrome.

Well it's really like a breed of Melanie , early Marianne Faithful and Edie Brickell....and that makes Edie one of the early Melanie styled singers...her and maybe Sinead O'connor. :heheh:

That Stevie Nicks thang as well.

But before I even clicked on the first video I knew what to expect vocally and I got just that. Maybe you can shed a bit of knowledge into this vocal style, that more female singers have these days. This raspy, broken, nasal style.

Maybe you have an insight to why it's being used so much. This style I can hear in two artists that I bought ...after digging them from ya...Kerli and Lissie...but MANY more that I have sampled through threads.

Don't take it as a dig...as I would probably buy this on the strength of the vocals and music alone...but I'm sure I could take about 20 of these new female singers and grab 2 songs off each disc I LOVE...and it would play back compatibale with each other.

Hope I'm ok with pointing this out...again....but I think it may be to the point of opening up a bit of discussion.

Also I can't say that I'm picking on the 2000's on up as I mentioned Stevie Nicks, Sinead O'Connor and Edie Brickell and they're taking care of the 70's,80's and 90's with this style (and there is more than just them too)...but I don't think it was as repetitive (this style) as it is today.

But still good stuff :grinthumb

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score

WOW! ok well I got through all the clips here and first off I have to say sorry Astrid but I disagree...only as far as her singing being unique. Although I do like her voice and the music alot.

Soot this has to be one of the better female artsist you've posted and you always post some good ones for sure. I'd pick this up on the basis of Jar Of Hearts alone. Really good tune man. I also enjoyed Distance and Mine from Harmony's post.

As far as where I disagree on the vocals?? I'm sure many have read that I scratch my head in wonderment with all the modern female vocalists and I've referred to it as the Melanie syndrome.

Well it's really like a breed of Melanie , early Marianne Faithful and Edie Brickell....and that makes Edie one of the early Melanie styled singers...her and maybe Sinead O'connor. :heheh:

That Stevie Nicks thang as well.

But before I even clicked on the first video I knew what to expect vocally and I got just that. Maybe you can shed a bit of knowledge into this vocal style, that more female singers have these days. This raspy, broken, nasal style.

Maybe you have an insight to why it's being used so much. This style I can hear in two artists that I bought ...after digging them from ya...Kerli and Lissie...but MANY more that I have sampled through threads.

Don't take it as a dig...as I would probably buy this on the strength of the vocals and music alone...but I'm sure I could take about 20 of these new female singers and grab 2 songs off each disc I LOVE...and it would play back compatibale with each other.

Hope I'm ok with pointing this out...again....but I think it may be to the point of opening up a bit of discussion.

Also I can't say that I'm picking on the 2000's on up as I mentioned Stevie Nicks, Sinead O'Connor and Edie Brickell and they're taking care of the 70's,80's and 90's with this style (and there is more than just them too)...but I don't think it was as repetitive (this style) as it is today.

But still good stuff :grinthumb

Yes , Metal I hear you ..I guess I don't listen to much current female vocalist..these days tho :)

She does have a slight twang I guess that appeals to my ears..I don't like those pop divas that are popular with the belting out the high pitched notes ..I mean cool but it's like ALL of them do it these days. It's get old fast with me.

You know all those you mentioned ;Nicks, Edie etc I like them all ? Must be a style I connect with ? Oh Well good points:grinthumb

Last edited:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Oh yeah and I'm not saying it's a bad thing. In fact I may pick this up soon. The songs are wonderful!

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrelDeSa

Members online