Choose ONE album only

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I only think its necessary to post the album name and artist if it is not on the picture. If I could only pick one album.
Megarust.jpg

Cannons Ahoy

The Great Pretender
Reaction score
This is a PERFECT example of why I constantly ask people to include ARTIST - ALBUM TITLE with pictures. Too many people assume that we all know what every album is based on a cover with out ANY hint of who the artist is or what the album title is. That isn't the only reason that I have continued to ask people to include artists, song or album titles with posts, but it is one of the reasons.

Such a simple request and yet so hard to get so many people to do it. :bonk:

You do know that nowadays you can do a google search based on the picture? Watch this one:

Simple as that.:D

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
And that is so much easier than asking people who already HAD to type the name of the artist and/or album title in a search engine to do it a second time?

I undertand that there are ways to find out information based on pictures, but why should people have to save images to their own computer, then upload to google. I just find it to be extremely lazy posting. Sure, sometimes people can forget, but some people flat out refuse to give the common courtesy, especially when repeatedly asked to do so. And for the record, I'm NOT just speaking of people on this site, but all over the net on messageboards everywhere. I just happen to be a mod on this site who has repeatedly asked people to do this with video clips, album covers, movie poster images, etc. Not only does it help with people unfamilar with something such as a particular piece of album art that doesn't have any verbage referring either the album title nor the artist, but also helps the mod and admin team fix broken links when they disappear (something that does happen more than many probably realize).

Lynch

Reaction score
I only think its necessary to post the album name and artist if it is not on the picture.

Disagreed and for the following reason (as I also stated above), when an image is removed or changed or deleted or whatever, it doesn't matter if the album title or artist's name was on the image when the image link is broken.

I'll use this snapshot of a post of my own as the perfect example:

tumblr_m7ozsjMSy01ru50tqo1_500.jpg

While St Anger is an example of an album without any indication of who the artist is, or the title of the album, the broken link is still a broke link. Had I simply said:
"this is one of the worst albums of all time and I can't believe they released it" (or whatever)
and then posted an image of an album that DID have the artist and album title on the cover, it would STILL be a broken image and there would be no indication from looking at the post what that album was. While many images on the internet do stay in place for a long time, there's nothing guaranteed unless YOU are the one to upload the image to something that you own (shared image sharing site, your own personal website, etc) and even then, you still have to maintain the use and perhaps payment of the site to insure that the content is maintained and remains untouched.

Does it makes sense putting it in those terms? :cheers2

Lynch

Reaction score
Now, sorry for mucking up the thread, I'll step off of my soapbox and most likely will end up bringing this up at another time/place when I'm in one of those moods.

:tongue:

Cannons Ahoy

The Great Pretender
Reaction score
And that is so much easier than asking people who already HAD to type the name of the artist and/or album title in a search engine to do it a second time?

I undertand that there are ways to find out information based on pictures, but why should people have to save images to their own computer, then upload to google. I just find it to be extremely lazy posting. Sure, sometimes people can forget, but some people flat out refuse to give the common courtesy, especially when repeatedly asked to do so. And for the record, I'm NOT just speaking of people on this site, but all over the net on messageboards everywhere. I just happen to be a mod on this site who has repeatedly asked people to do this with video clips, album covers, movie poster images, etc. Not only does it help with people unfamilar with something such as a particular piece of album art that doesn't have any verbage referring either the album title nor the artist, but also helps the mod and admin team fix broken links when they disappear (something that does happen more than many probably realize).

I understand completely. It's still however a useful tool to know, and I wanted to point it out because I know there are many people here older than my mum who might not have known of this feature. I find myself using it all the time, especially on other websites where someone has not posted the title or any other tags of the picture and it's out of question to register and ask the user...

(oh, by the way, you don't even need to save the pic, you can just drag it to the search box :grinthumb Sorry, had to add that.)

Recky

Reaction score
album-slade-alive.jpg
[/IMG]

probably the first live album I ever got and still one of my all time top 5 albums

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Disagreed and for the following reason (as I also stated above), when an image is removed or changed or deleted or whatever, it doesn't matter if the album title or artist's name was on the image when the image link is broken.

I'll use this snapshot of a post of my own as the perfect example:

tumblr_m7ozsjMSy01ru50tqo1_500.jpg

While St Anger is an example of an album without any indication of who the artist is, or the title of the album, the broken link is still a broke link. Had I simply said:
"this is one of the worst albums of all time and I can't believe they released it" (or whatever)
and then posted an image of an album that DID have the artist and album title on the cover, it would STILL be a broken image and there would be no indication from looking at the post what that album was. While many images on the internet do stay in place for a long time, there's nothing guaranteed unless YOU are the one to upload the image to something that you own (shared image sharing site, your own personal website, etc) and even then, you still have to maintain the use and perhaps payment of the site to insure that the content is maintained and remains untouched.

Does it makes sense putting it in those terms? :cheers2

I do get what you mean and to be fair at times I am pretty anal and do put in the album name and artist but sometimes when I relax and am having one of those days I don't usually do it, it does slip my mind to think to put those in with the album cover. Not saying its right or wrong, just how I am sometimes.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online