Cannibal Corpse (Official Thread)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If one doesn't understand death metal, no harm in researching and trying to understand it. Might give people more open minds not so much for being fans of it but more understanding why others like it.

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
If one doesn't understand death metal, no harm in researching and trying to understand it. Might give people more open minds not so much for being fans of it but more understanding why others like it.

I can understand it's appeal, and I have tried to get into it as I do all types of music, but I can't, I just find it a profoundly unmusical genre and my ears just can't take the relentless assault, I mean it's probably a lot of fun if you get it, I'm a huge horror movie fan, so it's not like I am offended by the message or anything. Slipknot is probably as extreme as I get with metal, I even have 2 or 3 of their records, but that's about it. Like I said I listened to the interview with Mr Corpesgrinder with interest, if that counts as researching it?

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
I'm with you dude ^^ If I don't like something I have no interest in researching to see why others do. I mean I love Death Metal, I love the extreme riffage, the mind blowing bass runs, the killing bombastic assault of the drumming, the demonic howls and growls of the possessed frontman . The whole brutal effect, but even I can see why a whole lot of people have no interest in it.

It's like the musical equivalent of getting into an all out drag out bloody brawl, some people love it, but it sure ain't for everyone.

The real version of Hammer Smashed Face​

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Death Metal is not really for everyone, I can't even remember why I got into it, at one point I used to despise it.
By research I didn't mean the whole archives lol at least you have insight to what Death Metal is though, even if you don't dig it. Other people I know tend to make ignorant statements about it, baseless arguments like the performers of it are talentless.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
The funniest thing to me is when they try to say that Death Metal causes out breaks of violence/slayings etc. Zombies rising from the grave maybe ,but serial killing ...hardly, that shits been going on long before Death Metal, and I remember being a little kid in sunny Cal and hearing about a new killer almost every time they caught the last one, in 70's and 80's....

But then again, they tried to blame AC/DC for Richard Ramirez back in the day, cuz it/ they was Satanicz ..:heheh:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
And I have had people accuse me of being satanic because I listen to Death and Black Metal. lol In fact quite recently.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Some old man ask me, and he was serious mind you, if I tried to conjure up the Devil when I was in my room late at night lol When I ask him what had given him that idea, he said. "Because of that horrid noise you listen to and those evil posters you have on your walls!!" :D

He had known me for atleast two years, eaten with me many times ect. but just as soon as he heard me listening to Metal...Ohz my GOD !!!! He's possessed.:omg:

People are freakin' hilarious

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Some old man ask me, and he was serious mind you, if I tried to conjure up the Devil when I was in my room late at night lol When I ask him what had given him that idea, he said. "Because of that horrid noise you listen to and those evil posters you have on your walls!!" :D

He had known me for atleast two years, eaten with me many times ect. but just as soon as he heard me listening to Metal...Ohz my GOD !!!! He's possessed.:omg:

People are freakin' hilarious
Gotta love misinformed people. lol

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Death Metal is not really for everyone, I can't even remember why I got into it, at one point I used to despise it.
By research I didn't mean the whole archives lol at least you have insight to what Death Metal is though, even if you don't dig it. Other people I know tend to make ignorant statements about it, baseless arguments like the performers of it are talentless.

I agree with what both you guys are saying, it certainly isn't remotely talentless, some of these death metal drummers and guitarists are clearly phenomenal players, and I agree people shouldn't make ignorant comments about something they simply don't understand, or are too lazy and complacent to try and figure out. It's like with abstract//modern art which many people dismiss as rubbish, and say the artist has no talent, just because he chooses to depict his feelings in a way that require people to make an effort to work it out, and try to get inside his head.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I can't wait to pick up the new album Torture. Waiting to see it in shops.

Shit yeah. Me and my best mate are going to Cannibal Corpse in October. And as for Torture I will give more thoughts tomorrow but Ill just say it was 10 out of 10.

Tickets for me and a mate arrived in the mail. I so can't wait for October. Going to see a death metal titan.
I gotta say Cannibal Corpse has now overtaken Morbid Angel for my favourite extreme metal band. They have been nothing but consistently great with each album, Torture was no different, this band is awesome. I love George Fisher as vocalist.

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online