Bruce Springsteen Announces Additional Musicians Including 2 Sax Players

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN ANNOUNCES ADDITIONAL MUSICIANS FOR 2012 `WRECKING BALL' WORLD TOUR

The expanded lineup for this Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band tour features singers Cindy Mizelle and Curtis King, trombonist Clark Gayton and trumpeter Curt Ramm, all of whom have toured with Bruce Springsteen in the past, along with newcomer Barry Danielian on trumpet. E Street stalwart Eddie Manion and first time tour member Jake Clemons will share the saxophone role.

LINK: Bruce Springsteen News: brucespringsteen.net

I knew Bruce would handle Clarence's absence in a classy and dignified way. Two people sharing sax and one of them being Clarence's nephew is perfect. :)

And back to a horn section! :grinthumb

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Don't like the idea of a horn section, though I probably won't complain once the E Streeters walk out on stage, it probably means new arrangements of some classic tracks, which to me is a pointless exercise, and will just irritate many fans who pay for their ticket to hear classics like Jungleland and The River and Badlands and The Rising or whatever in their original form, so it's a risk, I really loved the Seeger Sessions stuff with all the brass and C&W and New Orleans vibe, but you shouldn't mess with something as perfect and balanced as the E Street Band sound, so let's see anyway.

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
Yeah, but the E Street Band consisted of a horn section (Miami Horns) on and off over the years. I don't think Bruce will mess with the arrangements of the classic songs and I don't think they will be on stage during the entire show. Just my opinion though. I like the idea of two sax players and one being Clarence's nephew. It makes it feel like it takes two men to fill Clarence's shoes.

Syd

Reaction score
Jake Clemons...? Any relation. Too lazy to look up so I reckon ya'll know the answer.

Too lazy indeed. :heheh:

I've never really gotten into Bruce Springsteen's music except a few songs (which I happen to like). But I will check out his classic albums because everybody seems to have a lot of respect for them and his live shows are legendary in the US, so he must be good I guess.

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
Too lazy indeed. :heheh:

I've never really gotten into Bruce Springsteen's music except a few songs (which I happen to like). But I will check out his classic albums because everybody seems to have a lot of respect for them and his live shows are legendary in the US, so he must be good I guess.

I know...I mentioned it in the post right above his. :heheh:

Start with Born To Run...the best in my opnion. :grinthumb

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Yeah, but the E Street Band consisted of a horn section (Miami Horns) on and off over the years. I don't think Bruce will mess with the arrangements of the classic songs and I don't think they will be on stage during the entire show. Just my opinion though. I like the idea of two sax players and one being Clarence's nephew. It makes it feel like it takes two men to fill Clarence's shoes.

I only myself ever heard horns live once I think with Springsteen, that was on the Tunnel of Love tour 25 years ago, and apart from the Seeger thing I don't think multiple horns are featured on any of the records, though I maybe wrong about that!! I'm also fine with Clarence's nephew playing, so long as he can actually play to the same standard, I don't like the idea of nepotism and getting in some guy just because he's related to a current or ex band member, like when Jason Bonham played with Led Zeppelin, and Eddie Van Halen having his son now play with the band, at that level you get the best person for the job in my view, not the closest relative who can maybe play a bit. I agree with you Jackie that Bruce probably won't use them every song, or at least I pray he doesn't, and they will I think sound fantastic on stuff like Tenth Avenue Freeze Out and Prove it All Night and DarknessOTEOT if he does those sorts of songs, just as long as the overall balance of the E Street sound isn't affected, it's hard enough already to carry on with both Danny and Clarence now gone, they lose anyone else and basically the E Street Band as we know and love it would be done.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I think he would need 2 Sax players to make up for one Clarence Clemons

:bow:

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
I think he would need 2 Sax players to make up for one Clarence Clemons

:bow:

My thoughts exactly. And as far as everything I have heard, Jake is an excellent sax player. And Eddie Manion is excellent as well.

The horn section has made an appearance on quite a few tours, including the Born To Run Tour and the Born In The USA Tour. The horn sound is part of what contributes to the Jersey Shore Sound. And as I've said, I highly doubt they will play on every song during the tour. There could be a few songs on the new album that need horns. Bruce knows what he's doing. I for one am looking forward to it.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online