Bruce Dickinson VS Metallica

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Bruce's over all solo work (especially the last three) is vastly superior to Metallica's overall output IMO, let alone Metallica trying to go up against Maiden's discography. Iron Maiden is FAR greater then Metallica, I agree 100%.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I like Maiden's brand of metal more than Metallica's myself, add into the equation the longevity and quality of Maiden's career and "tongue firmly in cheek or not", I agree with Bruce on this subject.

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
He sounds like a whiny twerp tbh. Defend your band, be my guest. But to attack Metallica's fanbase as middle class bourgeoisie is silly and petty. Clearly he doesn't feel confident enough in Maiden's greatness, or else his insecurity wouldn't inspire him to take pot shots at 'Tallica.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^And Metallica is some "holy grail" beyond reproach AAG?

Metallica is filled with an illustrious past, from the shoddy treatment of people stepping in to help them out, to Lars complete meltdown about Napster.

Besides Dickinson has more credibility than the entire band he is talking about and is entitled to say what he thinks, I am sure Hetfield and company can frame a suitable response if they take it seriously.

Maiden > Metallica by quite a wide margin.:D

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
He sounds like a whiny twerp tbh. Defend your band, be my guest. But to attack Metallica's fanbase as middle class bourgeoisie is silly and petty. Clearly he doesn't feel confident enough in Maiden's greatness, or else his insecurity wouldn't inspire him to take pot shots at 'Tallica.
Tbh I agree, all these shots bands have at each other is rather stupid.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Lars is one of the most hatable people in rock, but Bruce has a big ****ing mouth too. He's spouted off about America a few times from what I've read (which is fine, he can have his opinions) but at the same time, it does (and has) made me feel like saying "F You too Bruce".

I like both Maiden and Metallica, but to be honest, I'd rather listen to Metallica over Maiden.

So, what exactly spawned this? Did someone from Metallica say something about Maiden, or is Bruce just being douchey?

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Members online

No members online now.