Brand new to the forums

Bonham'ssqueakypedal

Reaction score
Hello there. My real name is Mike. I just joined a few minutes ago.

I am a music lover in general but especially rock and anything related. Here is my story. When I was a kid the only band I paid much attention to was the Beatles. When I was about 11-12 I started to get into music in a big way and started to collect pop music singles. This was in the early 80's. Soon after I made the transition to rock radio. The first band I really got into was Led Zeppelin. They aren't really my favorite band anymore but I still like them and they served as inspiration when it came time for me to choose a user name. I spent most of my teen years listening to classic rock and mainstream rock radio. Somewhere along the line I discovered adventurous rock bands who are often referred to as "progressive rock" and that became my main interest. Bands such as Yes, Genesis, King Crimson and Rush are still among my all time favorite bands. I rediscovered that genre in the late 90's but I also like all kinds of music. Classic rock is pretty much where it all started for me although personally I prefer the term "album rock" since I don't really like radio djs or program directors determining for me what is classic and what isn't. :rolleyes:

So there you have it. I'd be glad to talk about music or whatever to anyone. Let's just keep it civil folks. :)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum :)

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Howdy and welcome. Plenty of Zeppelin fans around here. Also plenty of prog fans... Rush, Yes and and a few rabid Genesis fans as well.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JessKellow

Members online

No members online now.