Bono in hospital

davorp

Rock on!
Reaction score
U2 frontman Bono just had emergency back surgery. According to Reuters, the singer injured himself while preparing for the next leg of the band’s 360 Degree world tour and was operated on in a Munich hospital. A band spokesperson revealed that Bono will spend two days recovering in the hospital before heading home for further recuperation. U2 will then release a statement regarding their upcoming tour, which was set to kick off in Salt Lake City on June 3rd.

Get well soon:)

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
Hope it's nothing too, too serious and he makes a full and complete recovery. Get well soon, Bono.
That's not good. Just a question for Astrid...

You consider U2 as Rock?

What does your generation consider them to be, if not a generic "Rock" band? They're not exactly "New Wave" anymore. :confused:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
That is too bad, I still like U2, well the first few albums were very good, get well soon Bono we have had enough bad news recently concerning lead singers.

Ezequiel, U2 is definitely a Rock Band...:grinthumb

Ezequiel

Reaction score
eMalahleni, South Africa & Delft, Holland
@ LG:

Maybe this is not the right topic to say this but don't you agree that ever since the late eighties U2 hasn't been more than just a pop-band? It's not really rock they're making since the start of the nineties.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I liked them right up to Joshua Tree, after that I lost track of them. I am on record as saying early U2 is the best, they had that energy and enthusiasm and drive that seemed to change into a more comfortable rock star persona the last few years. Still I don't think they deserve the stick they get from many people, sometimes when you are Too successful that is the end result.

Back to Bono, at least his procedure is for something that can be fixed, with a little rest and the right therapy I am positive he will be back on stage in two or three months.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I I agree LG I like their early stuff best and then they lost their way a little but still good and get well soon Bono:)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WaldoFrey

Members online