Bo Burnham (Warning: Explicit Non-PC Humor)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Bo Burnham
bo-burnhamfinal.jpg
BoBurhamPic.jpg

Bo Burnham is a talented comedian/musician/songwriter/wordsmith who came from the bottom up by becoming a big sensation on youtube. Since then these videos just performed from his room have skyrocketed into the millions in hits on youtube and it's given him his own albums, standup shows and Comedy Central specials. I discovered him when my favorite humor sire Collegehumor.com posted his songs. I instantly became a fan. I bought his first album and after recently seeing another special of his on Netflix I remember why I liked him in the first place. The guys got great comedic timing, great facial expressions and like a lot of the greatest comedians he plays around with the English language. His songs are catchy and he makes a point without being preachy as is not one to shy away from controversy. Yes, he make come off as bad taste to some but comedy has always pushed the boundaries. Look at George Carlin, Lenny Bruce, Richard Prior and all the other comedians who also performed as social commentary. Also, like the best of them Bo doesn't take himself seriously and has no vanity or apologies either. He often turns the mirror to himself. A lot of his stuff is just goofy especially when he started out but as he went on some of it turned into beat poetry rants and button pushing humor.

(So once again, These songs do not represent the forums views or anyone's specific views. It's comedy and doesn't apply to all taste. If you are the type who can't sit through a South Park Episode without getting offended turn away now. Sensitive types have been warned!!!!!! :grinthumb)

The early youtube videos that propelled him into the spotlight:
(a little amateurish as too be expected but he was different at the time and that's why he stood out! He was the anti-gangsta rapper!)

:ec:
(Sexual explicit and off color humor)

The first album came out with an attached DVD of him live and I picked it up. It was a mix of reworked songs from his internet vids and new material:

resize?sq=450&uid=986855708.gif

Here a couple of my favorites off of the album:

My favorite material is his more recent live stuff. It has more of an edge and it shows him as a performer who's developed his craft beyond sexual jokes. More commentary, better more specific songwriting and a better show than at the beginning:
BoBurnham.jpg

So like him or not I think this guys going to just become quite a voice in the near future as he's only gotten better. Some of his material is similar to david Lynch which still makes me laugh because but I like the direction Bo is going in his most recent work. I see him doing an Eminem with releasing a joke song and then doing stuff with more bite layered with humor! :grinthumb

Harkat

Reaction score
Wooaaahh, He has Beiber hair 2.0!
:heheh:

HAHAHA, The end of this song is EPIC!!! :lmao:

Harkat

Reaction score
Hahahaaa!!

Soot, how did you find this guy?

Harkat

Reaction score
haha, college humor!