METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Re: Official Blue Cheer Thread

Fruits & Icebergs

Blue+Cheer++1969.png

gguerra

Reaction score
Pioneers of Heavy Metal? Blue Cheer

I was not really familiar with this band (well in name). I had heard their version of Summertime Blues but did not know it was them. Any way it is claimed that they are the Pioneers of Heavy Metal. They pre-date Black Sabbath.

Here is a quote from Wikipedia

""Blue Cheer was an American psychedelic blues-rock band that initially performed and recorded in the late 1960s and early 1970s and was sporadically active until 2009. Based in San Francisco, Blue Cheer played in a psychedelic blues-rock style, and is also credited as being pioneers of heavy metal (their cover of "Summertime Blues" is sometimes cited as the first in the genre[2]), punk rock,[3] stoner rock,[4][5] doom metal,[5][6] experimental rock,[7] and grunge.[8] According to Tim Hills in his book, The Many Lives of the Crystal Ballroom,[9] "Blue Cheer was the epitome of San Francisco psychedelia." Jim Morrison of The Doors called the group, "The single most powerful band I've ever seen"

They do have a pretty heavy sound as it seems for the 60's

Last edited by a moderator:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

^^^ Merged you here man!! Good enough reason for me to bump the thread!

:grinthumb

gguerra

Reaction score

Thanks.. Had no idea that they were already covered in a thread. Next time I'll look first..

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
wow wee must be the only person on this Mother Earth Planet whom didn't no or heard of " Blue Cher " so will some kind soul put me on the right track here. many thanks slightly surprized that there`s no posts here from @Sox or @Sweaty...

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
wow wee must be the only person on this Mother Earth Planet whom didn't no or heard of " Blue Cher " so will some kind soul put me on the right track here. many thanks slightly surprized that there`s no posts here from @Sox or @Sweaty...

So much ground to cover in the world of Rock music joker, I don't know too much about this band ... but I like this, :grinthumb

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
So much ground to cover in the world of Rock music joker, I don't know too much about this band ... but I like this, :grinthumb

so true loads of ground to cover in the cosmic world of ROCK Music...Sox thank you the track was a amazing this will start a new affair with "BLUE CHEER"

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online