Blood Lust - Uncle Acid And The Deadbeats

joe

Reaction score
3858.jpg

Blood Lust(2011) - Uncle Acid And The Deadbeats(UK)
Killer Candy(UK) CD: 100 pressings

- Uncle Acid / vocals, guitars, organ
- Kat / bass
- Red / drums

'Cosmic doom'. Traditional doom/stoner reflecting the glory days of Sabbath's occult riffage and the psychedelic horror of Coven and the bludgeoning bruising of Electric Wizard. The power trio trips out from the acid covens telling twisted tales of witchcraft, black matter, horns and blood. A hallucinatory vintage atmosphere recorded in analogue. Retro, raging and wicked.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Picked this up about a month ago..kind of strange stuff. Not really that doomy IMO but definitely stoner psych . Cool and interesting album. It was in my player in my bedroom for at least a week straight ..need to listen to it again :grinthumb

joe

Reaction score
I agree, it's more of a stoner/heavy psych sound and style. One of the better stoner releases I've heard so far this year.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
This stuff is pretty wicked. Liked them all and really liked Death's Door.

I like those type of guitar harmonies, like those that can be heard in A National Acrobat ect. :cheers2

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Way too early to listen to the songs you posted Joe,,,but I'll be back later to check them out.:D

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Pretty cool sounds for a 2011 release. I would fully expect to hear something like this in the early 70's. I am not all that familiar with traditional doom (or any doom metal) but if I was asked, I would say this is definitely psych/hard rock.

Having such a limited pressing of the CD has made it impossible to find other than a download.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I expected nothing less from Joe, between him and Wolf they find the rarest bands of anyone I know in the forum.:grinthumb

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Even more obscure would be Uncle Acid's first album....hell they only pressed 30 copies of that one. It is not near as good as Blood Lust, though.

Of course I have only skipped through both albums, not given either a good spin yet.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Pretty cool sounds for a 2011 release. I would fully expect to hear something like this in the early 70's. I am not all that familiar with traditional doom (or any doom metal) but if I was asked, I would say this is definitely psych/hard rock.

Having such a limited pressing of the CD has made it impossible to find other than a download.

It does have a bit of a doomy side to it, but much more of a stoner thing, which is doom related ...I have both the S/T and Blood Lust ...both are CDR Bootlegs though.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nepowerdry1

Members online