Register to remove these ads

Blondie (Official Thread)

Discussion in '70's Music' started by Foxhound, Feb 14, 2010.

1. METALPRIEST

METALPRIEST Senior Member

Re: The Blondie thread!

WOW!! I haven't seen that pic in years!! I had this picture in an old magazine!! Very cool! I remember reading of her Playboy Bunny years before making it in Blondie!!

Great post! Great Thread! :grinthumb

My claim to fame with this band was I met Clem Burke at a Roger Daltry concert and we chatted for a long time after the gig. I still have his autograph inside my autographed Who's Next album.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  2. Foxhound

Foxhound retired

I didn't want to embarass the poor girl by dredging up her sordid past. A stint as a hippie folk singer is exactly the kind of thing a self-respecting punk rocker tries to slough under the carpet. :D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  3. Soot and Stars

Soot and Stars I AM SOOT! Staff Member

I discovered this song when I heard SP cover it! The original is pretty cool! :grinthumb

Dreaming

4. Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim Senior Member

Dreaming was on the Video Album version of Eat to the Beat. They filmed a video for every song on the record, I beleive they were the first group to do this (I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong). I still have it on VHS.:grinthumb The Eat to the Beat videos were included on a DVD in the 2007 re-issue of the record.

5. Foxhound

Foxhound retired

What inspired lyrics! "Dreaming" is one of my very favourite Blondie tracks.

And that's a fabulous video too! I would point out the detail that Deborah is doing the pogo during the instrumental breaks to anyone who would deny that Blondie was a punk band.

:rock:

6. Soot and Stars

I always got to say that it's already been posted but One Way Or Another is infectious and catchy as hell! :grinthumb This is one of those groups that I don't know enough to have made the thread myself but I was hoping someone would make so I could chime in on it. They definitely needed one! Props Foxhound! :grinthumb

7. LG

LG Fade To Black

Give it a rest Foxhound...list their greatest hits and almost all those songs are just rock music, plain and simple.:wtf:

8. Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim Senior Member

I guess I take a middle path on this debate. I don't think there is any question that their early records were punk Rock records. In fact, if there was a "Mt. Rushmore" of punk, Debbie's head better be on it. By the same token, I don't think there is any question that, starting with Parallel Lines", they smoothed out their rough edges to become a more commercially viable "new wave" band later in their career.

9. Soot and Stars

I think Blondie's genre was good music! Debate over! You all can go home! :heheh:

10. Foxhound

Foxhound retired

But punk is supposed to be good catchy rock! The punk movement meant to reembrace the short, catchy hit single in opposition to the overproduced art rock of the early to mid seventies.

:guitar: