Blast From The Past

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
I had to smile today, having dropped off my time sheets at work I carried on riding through the Peak district. An area of real outstanding beauty in central England. Anyway from the Hope valley where my depot is I aimed for Chatsworth Park. This is where I came upon a Mod/Scooter rally. I now ride a very retro looking 1999 Triumph Thunderbird 900 so I got quite a variety of stares and indeed one or two friendly nods as the Vespa and Lambretta guys streamed past on the other side. There must have been 40 to 50 over a three mile stretch. Some of those Scooters I must say looked great and were in fine fettle.

2jflzjk.jpg

Summertime Blues - Eddy Cochran

All Or Nothing - Small Faces

:bow: Some great tunes from the rumbling era. :grinthumb Some great Bikes as well !!!!

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
I thought this was quite interesting, a bit of insight into the British youth culture of the day.

Always two sides to the coin so to speak.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
^^^ The people in the vids who lived the experience seemed desperate to break free from the old social restraints and brighten up the post war hardships Sunny. They certainly headed a huge shift in values that has left it's mark for good or bad, depending on which generation you speak to I guess.

A tune I think the mods kind of adopted.

Green Onions - Booker T. & The MG's

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online