1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blackmore's Night (Official Thread)

Discussion in 'Folk & Celtic' started by METALPRIEST, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Sharp Dressed Man

Sharp Dressed Man Down South Jukin' Staff Member

That's awesome! So which album made the difference for you?

2. joker1961

joker1961 Spock`s Proggyness

PARALLEL REALMS OF CONSCIOUNESS JUST SOUTH OF ?
    well " Shadow Of The Moon " with the Joker1961 best way to take in new music lie on bed mood lighting headphones on and press repeat...LOL

3. Sharp Dressed Man

Fist thought: What a half-assed cover. Seriously, this looks like dollar bin best of. Anyway, I'm not a fan of best of albums, but I'm a huge fan of this band and a collector, so I guess three new songs are enough to lure me in. Should be interesting to hear Autumn Blackmore sing and Candice has always done a great job with Rainbow covers. Still, they could have thrown more unreleased stuff on there. If nothing else, at least an unreleased live concert. I'll buy this at some point, but I'll wait for a price drop.

4. Bonham'ssqueakypedal

Bonham'ssqueakypedal Senior Member

I've only heard their very first album but I liked it. They were a rather unique band for the time period. I've heard that they became increasingly more rock oriented with later albums(which is fine by me). Other than their first what are some good ones to get started with?

5. joker1961

joker1961 Spock`s Proggyness

PARALLEL REALMS OF CONSCIOUNESS JUST SOUTH OF ?
    wow @Sharp Dressed Man great review dude, @Bonham`sssqueakpedal I`ve only be a fan for say one year there well worth obtaining IMHO!

6. Sharp Dressed Man

Well, check out their second album "Under a Violet Moon" or "The Village Laterne" (their fifth). Those two, along with the debut, "Shadow of the Moon", are my favourites, but you can't go wrong with any of their albums imo.

7. Sharp Dressed Man

New album announcement:

Nature's Light

Release date: June 19. Track list TBA.

101385853_10157925547435020_4536123215679848448_o.jpg

8. E-Z

E-Z Cool good looking rock dude

Near the BOSTON pub in Tufnell Park. north London
    Granted Ritchie & Candice have a following with Blackmore's Night but I ain't one of them. I bought the Shadow of the Moon cd maybe 20 years ago but couldn't bring myself to listen to it until a couple of years ago then never listened to it again.

If I had been Ritchie I wouldn't have disbanded Rainbow and participated in the re-formed Deep Purple misadventure in 1984 but after the Bent Out of Shape album in 1983 the last Rainbow album I would have kept Rainbow going knocking out two or three more studio albums and then disbanded Rainbow after the Stranger In Us All album in 1995 and gone into self imposed retirement leaving a respectable musical legacy and living off the royalty cheques that would have kept rolling in (like me).

Jimmy Page ZoSo...

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020