Blackfoot (Official Thread)

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
I do like the "Siogo" album . Ken Hensleys addition was at the time a massive surprise. BLACKFOOT with keyboards ? I guess some of their diehard fans cringed and thought BLACKFOOT had "sold out". Yes the album was a lot commercial but as you point out Magic, Hensley also gave them a classic prog feel to the overall sound.

billyporter

Reaction score
this surprized me recently when i read a noddy holder[slade] interview. he said one night he bumped into a member of blackfoot who told him they were big slade fans!
apparently they'd often play 'slade alive' very loudly before a show to get them all revved up.
the two bands seem poles apart.

bbif

Reaction score
For the life of me, I can't remember how I discovered Blackfoot.
But it was a long time ago.

Lots of really good songs, but the manic cheerfulness of Good Mornin' and the absolute despair of Diary of a Workin Man will stay with me always.

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
Just got home and thinking I would like me some Blackfoot. Now listening to Strikes. Good album that. Pay My Dues on now.

Here's another song - Train, Train

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
yeah Blackfoot rocksssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Another one of my all-time favourites. Some of the later releases are underappreciated imo.

I didn't have much interest in Blackfoot without Rickey, but this new young band he has put together under the Blackfoot name has me slightly interested, mainly because he has been involved in writing, producing and I think he even plays on their forthcoming album. He has also played a couple of shows with them.

They did a cover of "Grandma Got Run over by a Reindeer" on a recent christmas collection called "Southern Rock Christmas", which was actually great fun.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments