Reaction score
Re: Blackfoot

Left Turn On a Red Light

Last edited:

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score

I'm ashamed to say I never heard much of Blackfoot back in the day except for "Train Train" and "Highway Song", and I never really thought of pursuing any of their albums. Shame on me cuz I missed out of a great band. Better late than never I say, and a couple years ago I dove head first into their catalog. I love 'em now. Ricky is the man!!

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score

Looks like Siogo is extremely underrated in here. Listening to it right now and sounds real good! I was well surprised they did a Nazareth cover (Hensley covering Naz? EPIC!).

Hearts Grown Cold

Once I heard lyrics I was like "hang on, I know this from somewhere..." :pullhair:

b41001a.jpg

Rocket Roll

Reaction score
Highway Song. Need I say more? What a great tune. I missed them in the '80s, but saw them a few years ago without Rickey. The show was a disappointment for me, Barth's vocals couldn't come close.

Oh yeah, anyone know what "SIOGO" means? ;)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Highway Song. Need I say more? What a great tune. I missed them in the '80s, but saw them a few years ago without Rickey. The show was a disappointment for me, Barth's vocals couldn't come close.

Oh yeah, anyone know what "SIOGO" means? ;)

Uh....suck it or get out.....:oyea:

muzik_guy

Certified Music Geek
Reaction score
Overall I dig Blackfoot but the Marauder album is their standout for me. Heavy as all get out. My only complaint is the heavy-handed production. This was a roadtrip favorite of mine for decades.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Blackfoot were on fantastic form at Derby Flowerpot last night, a brilliant night of Southern Rock all the classics were in there. "Good Morning", "Baby Blue", " Great Spirit",
"Left Turn On A Red Light", "Dry County", "Fly Away", "Train Train", Highway Song". They covered "Wishing Well", "Morning Dew", "Rollin' And Tumblin'" and finished off with one of the best covers of "Crossroads" I've ever heard. Excellent night, I was at the wheel but Sweaty knocked a few good ales back.:cheers2

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
I just happenned to be playing some BLACKFOOT today.....good excuse to bump the thread. This is a cool track...

Take a Train

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I agree Lou, this track is pretty cool, too.....Off the Siogo album.......

It almost sounds like Blackfoot had early beginnings in Prog ;)

Send Me An Angel

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online

No members online now.