Black Sabbath Plays Last-Ever Concert: Video, Set List

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
ultimateclassicrock.com

Black Sabbath wrapped up their year-long The End tour – and more significantly, their groundbreaking 39-year career – with a final concert in their hometown of Birmingham, England tonight.

As you can see below, the band streamed the final bow from the 15-song set live on their Facebook page. Three of the group’s founding members – singer Ozzy Osbourne, guitarist Tony Iommi and bassist Geezer Butler – took part in this worldwide farewell tour, which kicked off last January. Drummer Bill Ward declined to take part over a financial dispute.

“Since I’ve got to this building today, I’ve been happy, I’ve been tearful.” Osbourne said of his emotions before the final concert in a BBC interview yesterday. “One of the proudest things I have in my heart is the fact that Black Sabbath wasn’t a band that was created by some big mogul. It was four guys who said let’s have a dream, and it came true beyond our wildest expectations.”

Iommi and Butler haven’t announced any specific post-Sabbath plans yet, but Osbourne is reportedly at work on a new album, and already has a pair of solo shows scheduled for this summer.

Black Sabbath 2/4/17 Birmingham, England (Final Show) Set List
1. “Black Sabbath”
2. “Fairies Wear Boots”
3. “Under the Sun / Every Day Comes and Goes”
4. “After Forever”
5. “Into the Void”
6. “Snowblind”
7. “War Pigs”
8. “N.I.B.”
9. “Hand of Doom”
10. “Supernaut / Sabbath Bloody Sabbath / Megalomania”
11. “Rat Salad”
12. “Iron Man”
13. “Dirty Women”
14. “Children of the Grave”
Encore
15. “Paranoid”

Read More: Black Sabbath Plays Last-Ever Concert: Video, Set List | Black Sabbath Plays Last-Ever Concert: Video, Set List

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
Must have been awesome to be at the final gig. I'm going to miss Sabbath much more than I realised that I would. :waGreat band :bow::bow:

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
"39 year career"? I'm thinking 48 years or whatever number of years the band had Ozzy in it (13?).

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Members online