Black Sabbath Best Vocalist

Rock_on_4ever

Reaction score
Black Sabbath is considered highly influential in the development of heavy metal music. Since forming in 1968, the band has had 6 singers front the mike.

Did you have a favorite? Mine is Ozzy. Who is your favorite?

Ozzy Osbourne
Ronnie James Dio
Ian Gillan
Glen Hughes
Ray Gillan (remainder of Seventh Star Tour 1986)
Tony Martin

Last edited:

Rapid Fire

Reaction score
Well my favorite overall vocalist of this list in Dio, yet to front the Mighty Sabbath --- Ozzy is the best.

Jewel

Reaction score
Rapid Fire said:
Well my favorite overall vocalist of this list in Dio, yet to front the Mighty Sabbath --- Ozzy is the best.
Same goes for me. Dio is a great vocalist (so is Gillan, btw), I love him, but Ozzy definitely beats him as a Sabbath frontman. In my book, at least :D

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Well I'm a big Ozzy fan in general.

But Dio did a kick ass job in Sabbath too.

TeleCat

Blackmore's Advocate
Reaction score
I got to go with Ronnie Dio. Heaven and Hell was the first Black Sabbath I heard. Ian Gillan is my favorite singer but one album doesn't qualify although Born Again is highly underrated IMO. Zero the Hero is one of my favorite Sabbath songs. Ozzy is great as well but I just think Dio did such a great job on Heaven and Hell, Mob Rules and Dehumanizer. I love the way Dio sings the melody at the end of War Pigs live.

snorkmaiden

Reaction score
I have to say Ozzy. He is the classic. Ever seen that video of him in about 68 with that fringed white leather jacket? And tony iommi with crucifixes hanging off his? I didn't actually know there were more singers than ozzy and Ronnie James Dio. but I am a purist. Ozzy all the way!!!

Drummer Chris

Reaction score
Oz is the true vocalist of Sab but I have to say I enjoyed the Born Again Deep Sabbath album....Gillan really did a great job vocally on those songs

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Staff online

Members online