Black Crowes (Official Thread)

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Have you listened to Rich's last live album "Woodstock Sessions" vol 3 that was released in April? Awesome album!!!

Yes, I have "The Woodstock Sessions" and you are right, it is awesome!

My copy of "Flux" is on its way, so I guess you could say I am a little more excited about that one right now, but overall, I love CRB just as much and I'm super excited about their new album. They do their own thing and don't sound like the Crowes, like Rich does, but as a big fan psychedelic rock, I really appreciate what they do.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Yes, I have "The Woodstock Sessions" and you are right, it is awesome!

My copy of "Flux" is on its way, so I guess you could say I am a little more excited about that one right now, but overall, I love CRB just as much and I'm super excited about their new album. They do their own thing and don't sound like the Crowes, like Rich does, but as a big fan psychedelic rock, I really appreciate what they do.

They both have borrowed the Crowes sound, IMO. Chris' first two albums are super Crowes influenced. I don't hold that against either of them, though, because that IS who they are .....or should I say were.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
They both have borrowed the Crowes sound, IMO. Chris' first two albums are super Crowes influenced. I don't hold that against either of them, though, because that IS who they are .....or should I say were.

You are right about Chris' solo albums, but I was talking about the Chris Robinson Brotherhood, which, apart from the vocals, do not sound as much as the Crowes as Chris' solo albums or Rich's solo albums!

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
You are right about Chris' solo albums, but I was talking about the Chris Robinson Brotherhood, which, apart from the vocals, do not sound as much as the Crowes as Chris' solo albums or Rich's solo albums!

I gotcha! I really have not taken the time to listen to anything from Chris Robinson Brotherhood. I will definitely have to fix that because I also like psychedelic rock, but that song from the link you posted didn't catch my attention. Since they have a few albums released, I will check them out.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Warpaint (2008)
Before the Frost...Until the Freeze (2009)

Noticed I only had those two albums missing so I purchased those.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Meant to edit Crowology out as I meant just the normal studio ones. lol

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I nearly mistook Croweology as an album. lol