Black Country Communion bust-up

lpjunkie93

Reaction score
Hi guys :)
I don't know if a topic like this already exists, but I just wanted to give a shout out to this great band who seems to have suffered a premature death. Based on what I've read, the group split due to Joe's reluctance to tour with the group. Despite this, I can't help but wonder if there were more types of tension bubbling between band members/producer.
Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The only thing I can say is most of these supergroups dont have a very long life span. Either it is other commitments that get in the way or creative indifference.

lpjunkie93

Reaction score
That had crossed my mind as well, yet I feel all the drama that occurred really could have been avoided. I understand Joe wanted to carry on with his solo career and perhaps not get tied down to one project, but maybe because the band was sort of Glenn's baby he took it rather unwell.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have to agree. A band like this cannot have 2 leaders with strong personalities. They are bound to clash.

lpjunkie93

Reaction score
Yes, that's a fate that befalls most super-groups. But at least they weren't all ego and show, they did have some chemistry and put out a decent trilogy of albums.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I am kinda sad about this though.......I liked BCC. I am sure Glen, Jason, and Derek will continue on since there was some hot music chemistry. BUT Joe wont allow them to use the name Black Country Communion. Only time will tell what happens next.

lpjunkie93

Reaction score
I remember Glenn saying he, Jason and Derek would still work together, but obviously not under the BBC name. I think that's rather bad of Joe not to let them carry on, I wonder if he gave a reason for not allowing the name to continue?

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The last thing I saw Joe being interviewed on.......he said "I dont want to talk about Black Country Communion". "I want to leave the band in peace"

Found the video of this:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Joe should have just been a session guitarist in BCC and let them tour with whoever they wanted to take his place while he pursues his solo career full time. This is a compressed train wreck of what usually takes place over a longer time span, namely over decades the dominant personality carries on with the band no matter how many of the other original members fall by the wayside.

lpjunkie93

Reaction score
The last thing I saw Joe being interviewed on.......he said "I dont want to talk about Black Country Communion". "I want to leave the band in peace"

Found the video of this:

Interesting he should say such a thing because this months issue of Classic Rock Magazine has Joe as their main story, and in that he says he'd love to another BCC album! :wtf:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online