Between The Buried and Me (Official Thread)

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
It sort of shocks me that there is no thread on this band yet. However, it also gives me the opportunity to make the thread so people can experience the pure amazing-ness of this band. Between The Buried and Me is basically what you would get if you took the right amount of prog and the right amount of heavy metal and mixed it all together. Their prog side is very noticeable, as is their heavy metal side with Tommy Rogers on the vocals.

BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME

BTBAM Official Website

btbam.jpg

Discography

Between the Buried and Me (2002)
The Silent Circus (2003)
Alaska (2005)
Colors (2007)
The Great Misdirect (2009)
The Parallax: Hypersleep Dialogues (2011)
The Parallax II: Future Sequence (2012)
Coma Ecliptic (2015)
Automata I (2018)
Automata II (2018)

My personal favorite album would have to be "Alaska"

Between_the_Buried_and_Me-Alaska.jpg

Backwards Marathon

The Coma Machine

Ants of the Sky

Last edited by a moderator:

sco703

Reaction score
I'm sorry that nobody else has replied to this yet. I think the problem might be the vocals for others. However, I can guarantee you that no band has written anything as moving as the album Colors in a long long time. Colors is "perfect" in every meaning of the word. For those of you who are hesitant about heavy vocals, please know that if you decide to overlook this genius band, you are denying yourself some of the greatest music of the past few decades. Bold statement I know, but trust me when I say that this band is worth the listen.

My personal favorite of theirs is Colors, but the TP:HD, TGM, and Alaska are all very good. TSC is good, but not at the level of the previously mentioned. Self titled is good too, but definitely not on the level of the first mentioned albums.

I'll be seeing them for a second time in November on their Saints and Sinners tour with Animals as Leaders and Tesseract. Probably the sweetest show lineup that I will have had the pleasure of seeing.

They also did a covers album called The Anatomy Of... which features songs from the likes of Pink Floyd, King Crimson, and Blind Melon. Check that out too.

One of my favorite bands.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
A much needed bump. This band deserves quite a bit more recognition:

From the The Great Misdirect album:

Obfuscation

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
While it doesn't match the original IMO I know this band because of a cool cover from the Counting Crows Tribute album! :grinthumb

Colorblind

sco703

Reaction score
Seeing them live in two days. This will be my second time seeing them. Can't wait. This band deserves so much more recognition on here, but unfortunately I think this being a Classic Rock board mostly makes it that much harder.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Seeing them live in two days. This will be my second time seeing them. Can't wait. This band deserves so much more recognition on here, but unfortunately I think this being a Classic Rock board mostly makes it that much harder.

I've heard they put on a ****ing fantastic show.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Need to check these guys out. And I don't see this so much as a classic rock forum, it diversifies.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Need to check these guys out. And I don't see this so much as a classic rock forum, it diversifies.

I recommend any album by them to start with. They will blow your mind regardless of the album you start off with.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The new album, which was released October 8, 2012 is being offered for $8 on Amazon. The Parallax II: Future Sequence, which is a concept album, has a billboard chart position of #22 and has given the band the highest sales figures yet.

lax_II_Future_Sequence_-_Between_the_Buried_and_Me.jpg

Telos

I definitely do not like the vocals. :pullhair:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Memory Palace new song

Real Dream Theater vibe behind this.

Find member

Forum statistics