Beth Hart (Official Thread)

SouthernRocker

Reaction score
my girlfriend and i love Beth Hart. Thank you for all the videos we are checking out the ones we dont know. Never knew she was on Star Search

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
BethHart_Cover_graphic_square.png

Beth Hart Official Website

Discography:

Beth Hart and the Ocean of Souls (1993)
Immortal (1996)
Screamin' for My Supper (1999)
Leave the Light On (2003)
Live at Paradiso (2005)
37 Days (2007)
My California (2010)

Beth Hart is a rough around the edges singer songwriter that was to me the 90's answer to Janis Joplin with the vocal prowess of Christina Aguilera. The difference between her and Aguilera is she knows soul over over dramatics. She's got that bluesy soul where her take you on her travels experiencing everything from the sun in her eyes over the horizon as she travels to her next destination to the dirt and grime under her fingernails as she takes a drag on her next cigarette. I was exposed to Beth through the single L.A. Song! There's not a good quality studio version but I'm sure a lot of you heard this and live is Beth's element anyway!:

L.A. Song

By the way, there was a controversy with the above song as the radio version had to be edited.

Original lyric:
She's got a gun; she's got a gun,
She got a gun she calls the lucky one.

Radio Lyric:
She's so ashamed, she's so ashamed,
she knows Heaven don't want her anyway

I loved the single so much I bought it (with original and radio edit contained) and eventually purchased the album

Screaming For My Supper
Beth+Hart+-+Screamin%C2%B4+For+My+Supper+-+Front.jpg

Here are some tracks originally from that album:

Mama

Get Your Shit Together

"Screaming..." is the album I own but not the only material I have to display here! I'll update this and maybe by the time I do I'll find someone else who digs a little Beth! :grinthumb
:bow::tw: hellishly f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-fabulous Female...Beth Hart rulessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!:grinthumb thanks for getting me into her late to the party but I`ll soo catch up :oyea:

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
What can I say... the new album rates up there among her best, which says a lot for an artist who has released nothing but top notch albums. I think it's fair to say that Beth is the best female singer out there right now - or at least my favourite.

Oh and I am seeing her live at the end of this month! :woot:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
What can I say... the new album rates up there among her best, which says a lot for an artist who has released nothing but top notch albums. I think it's fair to say that Beth is the best female singer out there right now - or at least my favourite.

Oh and I am seeing her live at the end of this month! :woot:

Showoff! :wank:

:heheh:

I love the new album as well. It seems to combine all her aspects musically, and she's acquired QUITE a lot of different roles musically since she started. I've been going through my discography of her and playing all the albums I have in my possession: Screamin' for My Supper, Leave The Light On, Live At The Paradiso, 37 Days, My California and will finish up with Bang Bang Boom Boom, Don't Explain, SeeSaw rounding back to the new one again. :) How familial are you with "Beth Hart and the Ocean of Souls" and "Immortal"?

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Ha-ha! Haven't you seen her live?

Both are good, but I would not rate either among her best. I think she has gotten better over the years!

She's never come my way to my knowledge. :wa I think her weakest including the Bonamassa ones as officials is the Bang Bang Boom Boom album. Her strongest overall is Live At The Paradiso.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
She's never come my way to my knowledge. :wa I think her weakest including the Bonamassa ones as officials is the Bang Bang Boom Boom album. Her strongest overall is Live At The Paradiso.
not seen her but I`ll be looking out for tour dates here in the U.K ...:grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online

No members online now.