Best Songs From Artists That Went Solo

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Way soppy for me, but I just can't help adoring this song:

Bryan Ferry (with David Gilmour) - Is Your Love Strong Enough

Morrissey - Everyday Is Like Sunday

Paul Weller - Wild Wood

Slash - You're a Lie (featuring Miles Kennedy)

Fever

Reaction score
Tom Johnston of The Doobie Brothers

Dan Baird-formerly of The Georgia Satellites

Fever

Reaction score
Rossington-Collins Band-members of Lynyrd Skynyrd.This video is from a few years ago with Travis Tritt singing instead of Barry Harwood.

Kill Devil Hill

Reaction score
My favorite artist of all-time is Bruce Dickinson, so let's start there. :)

"Jerusalem" by Bruce Dickinson always kills me. Great guitar, haunting vocal, the composition is second to none, and even though the lyrics are borrowed from a William Blake poem, they're spectacular.

I'm actually not a huge fan of Sir McCartney, but "Monkberry Moon Delight" is killer. The whole album is, really.

Dio was such a good singer. RIP. "Don't Talk to Strangers," "Caught in the Middle," and "As Long As It's Not About Love" are my absolute favorites from him.

"Silent Screams" is definitely my favorite Halford song. Just everything about it stops you in your tracks. Nice "coming out" song, too.

I'm not sure if "Messages" is my absolute favorite Velvet Revolver song (I love "Slither," "Fall to Pieces," and "Sucker Train Blues"), but it's really underrated and should've been an official release on Liberturd.

The Freak

The Freak
Reaction score
Tears of a Dragon would be my favourite Bruce Dickinson track.

Anything from Robert Plant's Band of Joy is worth a mention.

Or Roger Waters' Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking.

Phil Lynott/Gary Moore Out in the Fields
- actually does anyone remember when Philo teamed up with members of the Sex Pistols? I think it was just a single or an EP under the name Greedy Rotten Bastards. I'd love to get my hands on that.

Kill Devil Hill

Reaction score
Love "Tears of the Dragon," but I find "Jerusalem" to have the same emotional elements whilst being more compelling. Just my opinion.

Also, great choice with "Out in the Fields." I actually prefer that song to anything Thin Lizzy's ever done.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online

No members online now.