Best Run of Three or More Consecutive Albums

Tommy Walker

Reaction score
The title pretty much explains it, but what do you think is the greatest run of three or more consecutive albums (studio and I suppose certain live albums, but no compilations) by a single artist? Each album in the string should be a bona fide stand-alone classic, rather than just a good album propped up by the strength of the great albums that came before and after it. Some potential choices would be:

The Beatles - Rubber Soul, Revolver, Sgt. Pepper's

Bob Dylan - Bringing It All Back Home, Highway 61 Revisited, Blonde on Blonde

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, Animals, The Wall

The Rolling Stones - Beggars Banquet, Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers, Exile on Main St.

Get the idea?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I could have guessed a Pumpkin head would show up...before the ink was dry.:grinthumb

Mr. T

Reaction score
Queensryche - Rage For Order, Operation: Mindcrime, Empire

Journey - Infinity, Evolution, Departure, Escape

Metallica - Kill 'Em All, Ride The Lightning, ...And Justice For All, Metallica (Black Album)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Dark Side of the Moon
Wish You Were Here
Animals
The Wall

Four top notch Pink Floyd albums, would love to add Meddle but Obscured gets in the way.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Devin Townsend/Devin Townsend Band

Terria, Accelerated Evolution, Devlab, Synchestra

Not exactly classics, but they deserved mention anyway.

Syd

Reaction score
The Beatles: From Rubber Soul to The White Album (I would go all the way up to Let It Be, but I think Yellow Submarine is somewhere in between).

The Velvet Underground: The Velvet Underground & Nico, White Light/White Heat, The Velvet Underground, Loaded. I've never wanted to listen to Squeeze, since they say it sucks so badly and it just isn't The Velvet Underground in essence, just as a name.

Radiohead: Pablo Honey, The Bends, OK Computer. Still not much into Kid A, but I guess I'll eventually get there. People tend to underrate the album Pablo Honey so much, but I just think it's a really good album with some of the best songs of the 90's.

I might add some more later.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online