Best Run of Three or More Consecutive Albums

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
In my opinion Elton John still has the best run of albums in all of music so me and runningshoes are pretty much on the same page. ;)

Elton John · Tumbleweed Connection · 17-11-70 · Madman Across the Water · Honky Château · Don't Shoot Me I'm Only the Piano Player · Goodbye Yellow Brick Road · Caribou · Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy · Rock of the Westies · Blue Moves

If we are only talking about "bona fide stand-alone classics" then I suppose his run would probably start at either "Madman Across The Water" or "Honky Château" and end at "Captain Fantastic..." but I think the couple albums outside of those are all very amazing albums and should be included.

runningshoes

Great White North
Reaction score
In my opinion Elton John still has the best run of albums in all of music so me and runningshoes are pretty much on the same page. ;)

Elton John · Tumbleweed Connection · 17-11-70 · Madman Across the Water · Honky Château · Don't Shoot Me I'm Only the Piano Player · Goodbye Yellow Brick Road · Caribou · Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy · Rock of the Westies · Blue Moves

If we are only talking about "bona fide stand-alone classics" then I suppose his run would probably start at either "Madman Across The Water" or "Honky Château" and end at "Captain Fantastic..." but I think the couple albums outside of those are all very amazing albums and should be included.

Well put!

TheWhalerfan

Lovus My Avatarus
Reaction score
I think we are trying to include 3 or more 8-9/10 albums in a row if I read the OP correctly. For me putting a list together has not been easy as I am trying to separate very good from classic. I am impressed there have been so many different entries. Maybe I am being too critical?

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
I think we are trying to include 3 or more 8-9/10 albums in a row if I read the OP correctly. For me putting a list together has not been easy as I am trying to separate very good from classic. I am impressed there have been so many different entries. Maybe I am being too critical?
Naw...I couldn't extend it longer meself. I'd say it's refining the list. It's really a matter of taste individually...separating the wheat from the chaff.

:)

On topic:

The Rolling Stones - Black And Blue, Some Girls, Emotional Rescue

TheWhalerfan

Lovus My Avatarus
Reaction score
Meh, I will toss one in here even though one is pretty borderline. I like it a ton though.

Heart - Dreamboat Annie/Magazine/Little Queen/Dog & Butterfly

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Here's an artist that has three albums and they're all perfect which I think has to do with the fact that she takes her time on working on all of them and releases music on her terms! :grinthumb

Fiona Apple-Tidal, When The Pawn....., Extraordinary Machine

Abraxas

Reaction score
Do Make Say Think - Winter Hymn Country Hymn Secret Hymn, You,You're A History In Rust

The Flaming Lips - Transmissions From The Satellite Heart, Clouds Taste Metallic, Zaireeka, The Soft Bulletin, Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots, At War With The Mystics, Embryonic

Capt. Beefheart & The Magic Band - Shiny Beast (Bat Chain Puller), Doc At The Radar Station, Ice Cream For Crow

Tori Amos - Little Earthquakes, Under The Pink, Boys For Pele, From The Choirgirl Hotel, To Venus & Back

Tori Amos - Scarlet's Walk, The Beekeeper, American Doll Posse, Abnormally Attracted To Sin, Midwinter Graces

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online