Best heavy rock/metal album of the 70's from this list ?

Best heavy rock/metal album of the 70's from this list ?

• Total voters

ANTHEM

Reaction score
Which album kicked the most arse in the 70's from these choices in your opinion ?

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Highway to Hell without a doubt even though it has a couple of weak tracks on it.

tomcat

CRF Ex-Con
Reaction score
On a Misty Mountain overlooking Strawberry Fields.
The poll question asks for the "best." The two "best" would be Led Zeppelin IV and Van Halen I. Then you asked which "kicks the most ass?" So, using that criteria to help me to pick just one, from the many great albums listed, my final answer is Van Halen I

Last edited:

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
I personally don't feel Zep IV is any close to metal apart from Black Dog and lost the vibe off Paranoid.

Gonna go with Machine Head.

Waglide

Reaction score
Kiss's Destroyer was and is a favourite of mine very very closely followed by Paranoid and Machinehead

ANTHEM

Reaction score
I personally don't feel Zep IV is any close to metal apart from Black Dog and lost the vibe off Paranoid.

Gonna go with Machine Head.
This poll covers heavy rock and heavy metal and to me what makes something metal is really subjective, but yeah, even though zep might have been a prototype for metal it imho wasn't metal. This is is why I quit posting on metal boards a long time ago because of all of the arguing, hair splitting, and limited amount of rock music to discuss because in reality "metal" is nothing but a rock subgenre and again very subjective.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
MAN!!! Could this thread be any harder??? :oyea:

These are all winners in my book, but in the end I have to give it to Black Sabbath's Paranoid!!

Killer album!!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online

No members online now.