Best Forgotten Bands of the 70's.

Fleetwoodmac77

Reaction score
Lately I have discovered how great the band, Blues Creation is! A band of japanese guys, and boy can they rock. They sound to me like the amboy dukes. I would say both The Amboy Dukes and Blues Creation are both forgotten! and DEFINITLEY agree with April Wine.

Every track April Wine has ever made should have been a chart topper in my eyes.

bsmRanger

Reaction score
Most of the bands you guys have listed haven't really been forgotten, but that's just my opinion. I'm a diehard. I'll list some bands that made some great records during the 70's but were never really known enough in the first place to be forgotten all these years later.

See how many you guys recognize:

Sir Lord Baltimore
Budgie
Dust
Captain Beyond
Night Sun
Cactus
Bloodrock
Toad
Lucifer's Friend
Point Blank
Three Man Army
Trapeze
Randy Holden
West, Bruce And Laing
Hard Stuff
Stray
Jeronimo
Hawkwind
Flower Travellin' Band

Some of those are pretty obscure, no doubt, but all of them released albums that are definitely worth checking out for anyone interested in 70's rock.

Cactus, its been a while since I've heard them. Seen them many, many moons ago in a small bar like venue. At that time it was the loudest thing I had ever hear and felt

aerozep3207

Reaction score
the fabulous poodles
starz
the godz

wasn't Lucifers Friend just awesome...their first collection of music was killer !

keep those model subway trains running - watch the closing doors

aerozep3207

Reaction score
almost forgot......
Angel
Black Oak Arkansaw

keep those model subway trains running - watch the closing doors

Humble Floyd

Reaction score
M y favorite forgotten rock band of the early 70s is Bloodrock album titled DOA. They only made two albums, this being their first. Damned cool band, out of Fort Worth Texas.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
^^ They made more than two albums. However first self titled and Live one are my favourites by them.

Humble Floyd

Reaction score
I was only able to purchase two Bloodrock albums, glad to hear there is more! I was told that was it. Good classic gold! humble floyd

Humble Floyd

Reaction score
Cactus, its been a while since I've heard them. Seen them many, many moons ago in a small bar like venue. At that time it was the loudest thing I had ever hear and felt

I can only remember one band on your list and that was Bloodrock! Damned good rockers in their day! They came out about the time Black Sabbath was kickin in. Early 70s! DOA was my favorite album title.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online