Best Forgotten Bands of the 70's.

Jonty

Reaction score
Forgotten by who?
When I look at a lot of the bands mentioned in this topic I guess I have a much better memory than most people.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^In the spirit of things many of the bands listed would draw a blank from most young people today, compared to let's say The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Eagles, Aerosmith, by comparison most of the bands mentioned in here are forgotten.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
I was listening to this LP yesterday and it was one of those groups who were like a one hit wonder..

51GMuwXBoJL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Sled108

Reaction score
"Midwest, Midnight, 10,000 Watts of Holy Light"

54351454.jpg

Michael Stanley Band 'Stage Pass'

Edit: Embedded the video for you Sled108. LG

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
How about John Denver? In the 70's he was RCA's second biggest-selling artist, after Elvis. He had a bunch of #1 hits (a few of which are pretty good). He did TV specials and movies. He was everywhere. Now, where is he? I never hear him on oldies radio (pop or country). Except for inclusion on a couple of Time-Life comps., you never hear about him anymore.

Jonty

Reaction score
How about John Denver? In the 70's he was RCA's second biggest-selling artist, after Elvis. He had a bunch of #1 hits (a few of which are pretty good). He did TV specials and movies. He was everywhere. Now, where is he?

He passed away in 1997.

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
Thanks, but I knew that. I just meant "where is he?" in the sense of "in his prime he was all over the place, now it's almost like he never made a record".

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Members online