Best Forgotten Bands of the 70's.

olhippie

Reaction score
Most of the bands you guys have listed haven't really been forgotten, but that's just my opinion. I'm a diehard. I'll list some bands that made some great records during the 70's but were never really known enough in the first place to be forgotten all these years later.

See how many you guys recognize:

Sir Lord Baltimore
Budgie
Dust
Captain Beyond
Night Sun
Cactus
Bloodrock
Toad
Lucifer's Friend
Point Blank
Three Man Army
Trapeze
Randy Holden
West, Bruce And Laing
Hard Stuff
Stray
Jeronimo
Hawkwind
Flower Travellin' Band

Some of those are pretty obscure, no doubt, but all of them released albums that are definitely worth checking out for anyone interested in 70's rock.

Yes these are some good ones. I have added to my list BBR&R's Ultimate Classic Rock Bands Index

Bryter Later

Reaction score
I apologise if anyone has already named them,but Quintessence where a truely great Rock band,ahead of their time maybe?. The recent live cds demonstrate how good they were in concert. Very sadly underated and not remembered enough. Bryter.

Terra812

Reaction score
My hat goes off to whomever mentioned

Mahogany Rush :bow:

Now I'll consider "Forgotten" as Never heard on your local Classic Rock station... The usual Beatles, Bob Seger, Van Halen, The Doors and The Rolling Stones and repeat playlists. Our local - WKLH, advertises that they don't repeat any song in a day ... but... they repeat the same songs everyday:cloud:
Why they choose to do this, being they have the largest selection of any other format to choose from, is beyond me.

If it wasn't for the movie released this year I would've added The Runaways to the list. Some that I was glad to see listed - Black Oak Arkansas, Robin Trower, Television, New York Dolls, Angel ect...

I would have to add:

The Stooges
Weather Report
Jeff Beck
Charlie
Gentle Giant
Eloy

Hmm... What am I doing wrong when trying to embed a youtube video?

Last edited:

Truckin

Ride Captain Ride
Reaction score
I don't know if this band is forgotten in your neck of the woods but I never hear any Utopia around here anymore.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Members online

No members online now.